10", 250W in-wall Subwoofer (Each) with 250w amplifier
The Monitor Audio IWS-10 in-wall subwoofer driver employs an extraordinarily rigid, flat 10” surface of 10mm (3/8”) RDT® material derived from Monitor audio’s acclaimed ‘Platinum’ series of high-end speakers. Rigid Diaphragm Technology is a sandwich of C-CAM® alloy, bonded to a honeycomb Nomex core. The resulting properties of low mass and great strength give the driver the ability to behave as an extremely agile piston, resistant to bending, light enough to deliver an accurate bass response through large excursions, even within a shallow 81mm profile. A large vented pole helps to move air quickly, reducing power compression and increasing heat dissipation.
Consequently the IWS-10 is specified to generate excellent bass quality from wall, ceiling, even floor locations, providing a wide range of new and retrofit possibilities ideally but not exclusively with its IWB-10 back box. It features Monitor Audio’s patented Tri-Grip® clamping system which is easier to install and provides three times the surface area of a conventional dog-leg type clamp for better overall surface sealing. The IWS-10’s trim-less grille and frame edge are paintable to blend discreetly with décor. When used with the IWB-10 back box, the IWS-10 will return optimum ‘controlled’ performance.
The third component in the in-wall subwoofer system is the Monitor Audio IWA-250 switch mode amplifier: a slim, powerful dedicated design in a heavy-duty 1U rack mount case. Delivering up to 250 watts into 4 ohms, a single IWA-250 will power single or dual IWS-10s to provide higher power levels for larger rooms or to meet customer demands. The IWA-250 can be configured to switch on automatically using input signal sensing, or by using the preferred 12v trigger link from an AVR or system source. The IWA-250 will then automatically be switched on and off with the AVR, TV or system remote control handset.
The amplifier utilises a cool running Class D power stage driven by a PWM supply with integrated DSP. Filtering and functionality are controlled in the software for precise and reliable operation. The IWA-250 offers a choice of single LFE, balanced XLR and stereo RCA inputs. Output connection is made via two sets of push type terminals to provide connection to one or a pair of IWS-10 drivers. The front panel allows access to all control features for easy adjustment when fitted into a rack bay. An EQ switch offers a selection of music, movie and impact presets for the ideal response in-room. There is also an enclosure switch to calibrate the drive characteristics when the IWS-10 is used within or without the IWB-10 back box.
IWS-10 Subwoofer Features
- Rigid Die-cast chassis/basket Large vented pole design to reduce power compression, lower distortion and improved power handling
- High tech RDT flat ‘sandwich’ cone technology
- High quality gold plated ‘push’ type terminal – for easy installation
- 8 ohm impedance 50mm diameter voice coil with black anodised former – Improves convection cooling effects
- +/- 10mm of excursion – results in controlled bass at low frequencies and delivers high SPL
- Patented Tri-Grip fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
IWA-250 Amplifier Features
- Rigid, high quality steel case
- Switch mode power supply
- Class D power amplifier delivering up to 250watts into 4ohms (dual IWS-10 drivers)
- High efficiency design resulting in cool running – low thermal output
- DSP controlled with advanced limiters
- <0.5watt standby power consumption (ErP certified)
- DC short circuit protection, over-current and thermal protection
- Frequency Response: 28 Hz – 120 Hz (when mounted in optimum enclosure)
- Impedance (Nominal): 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 86 dB
- Maximum SPL (Partnered with IWA-250): Single unit 109.8 dB; Pair 115.8 dB
- Power Handling: 150 W Cut-Out Hole Dimensions: 280 x 280 mm
- Mounting Depth: 89.98 mm
- Fixing Type: 4 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings
- Connection: Gold plated "push" type terminals
- Construction Materials: Mineral Filled ABS Plastic (RoHS2 Compliant)