Delivering the best possible sound into your life is Monitor Audio’s main aim. Whether from movies or your favourite music, with the Silver Series of technologically advanced loudspeakers you can be sure of a quality so lifelike that it takes you to the heart of the performance.
With a pedigree in British hi-fi design, Monitor Audio speakers are crafted for perfection in sound, aesthetics and build quality. Each of the nine Silver Series models has been meticulously created by engineers and craftsmen who are as passionate about music as you are. The result of over forty years of expertise in speaker development, this affordable family of sleek audio masterpieces takes performance to a new level of fidelity. Hi-fi and home theatre systems have never sounded this good.
Technology from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II range has been incorporated to reduce distortion, providing the purest mid-range performance. The master of metal cone technology, Monitor Audio has invested in all-new drivers developed for this range. Whichever Silver Series models you find ideal for your environment, you will begin to rediscover your music and film collection as you’ve never heard it before.
The full three-way design delivers class-leading mid-range, while a pair of long-throw 6-inch bass drivers work together to produce incredible power from the tall, but slim cabinet design, making it the perfect choice for serious audiophile and AV installations.
The three-way configuration allows each driver to be optimised to do a better job over a narrower frequency band; the only real way to deliver elevated performance in every respect. Superlatively natural mid-range comes courtesy of a dedicated 4-inch driver, specially designed with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system. This technique ensures the voice coil always remains in the magnetic gap under all conditions for demonstrably lower distortion than usually found at this level – an advance which can be immediately heard.
Coupled with higher overall impedance and better overall system damping, the cabinet can be placed close to a wall. However, this is a serious audiophile speaker, capable of delivering seismic levels of bass extension. For optimum performance, a distance of just 12 inches (30 cm) is needed between the speaker and wall, allowing the system to breathe and perform optimally. High overall sensitivity makes this new Silver 300 easy to drive with a modest, high-quality amplifier delivering precise, dynamic music or film to fill a medium to large room.
"Whether played at low volumes or high, the signature sound of the Silver 300 is retained, which is good. The Silver 300's centre image and vocal prowess were again utterly fantastic, though like my experience with Nirvana's Unplugged, the soundstage still didn't fully break free of the speakers' outer edges. What existed between the speakers was pure, unadulterated magic, though. The front to back definition within the 300's soundstage was well defined, with terrific scale and dimension, giving the speaker, on the whole, a presentation that I wouldn't classify as upfront, but somewhere just a touch dark of neutral."
"Moving on to movies, I cued up a favourite demo sequence of mine, the "Thunderstruck" sequence from the truly campy (and horrible) action flick, Battleship (Universal Pictures). With the Silver 300's matching centre and subwoofer now in place, I set the volume to stun, and holy shit! Grinning like an idiot, I jotted down these exact words: BIG, BOLD, COMPOSED. That pretty much sums it up. The Silver 300, as a home theatre speaker, proved to be as adept at movies as I found them to be with music. Take 'em to eleven and they don't disappoint nor fall to pieces. What I did find surprising was that via the film's DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack, and in the absence of surround channels, the soundstage was HUGE, obliterating the physical boundaries of my room. The Silver 300's sudden discovery of a vast lateral soundstage was something I hadn't experienced in any of my two-channel tests." - Andrew Robinson (Home Theater Review 2019). Full review here.
• 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter, featuring vented Neo magnet system, optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding treble
• Specially developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap, ensuring very low distortion
• Dual 6" bass drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for optimal damping and improved mid-range clarity
• RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
• Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
• Pure-flow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain
• High-quality crossovers with premium-grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
• Bespoke, high-quality bi-wire terminals
• HiVe®II port technology
• Premium handcrafted cabinets featuring quality real wood veneer finishes in Black Oak, Walnut, and Satin White.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 32Hz - 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
Maximum SPL: 116 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 200 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 80 - 200 W
Cabinet Design: Dual chamber bass reflex with differential tuning. Twin HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: LF: 700Hz, MF/HF: 2.9kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 6 " C-CAM RST bass driver, 1 x 4 " C-CAM RST mid driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions: 1000 x 185 x 329 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 20 Kg