The Silver 8 has a new three-way design featuring Silver’s 4” C-CAM® RST® mid-range driver flanked by long-throw C-CAM RST 6.5” bass drivers. Introduced for Silver, this specialised configuration is optimised for greater accuracy over a critical frequency band to deliver superb midrange focus and precision as well as extended bass. A taller, shallower cabinet and improved damping allow for greater room position flexibility, while higher sensitivity and impedance make the Silver 8 easier to drive for effortless room-filling dynamics, even in larger spaces.
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Specially developed 4” mid-range driver with ‘under-hung’ voice coil and motor system. The voice coil remains in the magnetic gap ensuring very low distortion.
- Dual 6” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile - better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- RST® cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Three-way configuration allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better overall performance.
- New cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
- System Format: 3 Way Frequency Response: 32Hz - 35kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90dB
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Maximum SPL (dBA): 116.8 (pair)
- Power Handling (RMS): 200W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 80 - 200W
- Bass Alignment: Bass reflex.Twin HiVe®II port
- System Crossover Frequency: LF/MF: 500HzMF/HF: 2.7kHz
- Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 6" RST® Bass drivers.1 x 4" RST Mid-range driver.1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth) 1021 x 245 x 360 mm
- Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Including Plinth & Feet) 1000 x 185 x 335 mm
- Individual Weight: 23.33 Kg