Delivering the best possible sound into your life is Monitor Audio’s main aim. Whether from movies or your favourite music, with the Silver Series of technologically advanced loudspeakers you can be sure of a quality so lifelike that it takes you to the heart of the performance.
With a pedigree in British hi-fi design, Monitor Audio speakers are crafted for perfection in sound, aesthetics and build quality. Each of the nine Silver Series models has been meticulously created by engineers and craftsmen who are as passionate about music as you are. The result of over forty years of expertise in speaker development, this affordable family of sleek audio masterpieces takes performance to a new level of fidelity. Hi-fi and home theatre systems have never sounded this good.
Technology from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II range has been incorporated to reduce distortion, providing the purest mid-range performance. The master of metal cone technology, Monitor Audio has invested in all-new drivers developed for this range. Whichever Silver Series models you find ideal for your environment, you will begin to rediscover your music and film collection as you’ve never heard it before.
The compact Silver C150 is diminutive enough to position easily under most AV racks and on cabinets, without resorting to a dedicated stand.
The Silver C150 centre-channel speaker sits at the heart of your surround-sound system and features two of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM RST bass drivers in a familiar three-driver configuration. The system has been designed electrically to be a two-and-a-half way configuration, which provides better dispersion and elimination of the central ‘dead spot’ exhibited in the typical mid-tweeter-mid (MTM) configurations. The brand’s C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter delivers articulate dialogue and crisp dynamics to movies while complementing the quality of the new Silver range effortlessly.
The Silver C150 has been carefully tuned to match the timbre of the other speakers in the range, resulting in a consistent sonic character across the front channels of a home theatre system. Drivers have been optimised for use in a sealed box enclosure, ensuring installation close to a wall or in a restricted location will provide excellent and consistent results.
"Suddenly, the crashes, bangs and wallops of The Lego Batman Movie are thrown at us, as if physically travelling around the room with incredible cohesion as each speaker complements the others’ character."
"We give the sub a little extra room to rumble than our initial set-up permitted, and it sets the foundation for a performance of concrete solidity."
"As a whole, the package times with military precision, driving the film’s plentiful action scenes with relentless momentum and delivering quips with the comparative sharpness of their wit."
"But a surround package lives or dies by its centre speaker, which carries the burden of the work."
"The extra hours of running in make all the difference: there are inflections in deadpan deliveries, urgency in moments of panic and musicality in the soundtrack" - What Hi-Fi? (2018). Full review here.
• Two-and-a-half way, three-driver MTM configuration
• Sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in your AV rack, restricted voids or even close to a wall
• 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter, featuring vented Neo magnet system, optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding treble
• Dual 5¼-inch bass and bass/mid drivers featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cones mean better damping and improved mid-range clarity
• Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
• Pure-flow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain
• High-quality crossovers with premium-grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
• Bespoke, high-quality bi-wire terminals
• Premium handcrafted cabinets featuring quality real wood veneer finishes in Black Oak, Walnut, and Satin White.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 52Hz - 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
Maximum SPL: 112 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 150 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 60 - 150 W
Cabinet Design: Sealed cabinet
Crossover Frequency: LF: 650Hz, MF/HF: 3.1kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 5 ¼ " C-CAM RST bass driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions: 165 x 450 x 229 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 9.1 Kg