SILVER SERIES: ELEVATING PERFORMANCE TO A NEW LEVEL
Delivering the best possible sound into your life is Monitor Audio’s main aim. Whether from movies or your favourite music, with the Silver Series of technologically advanced loudspeakers you can be sure of a quality so lifelike that it takes you to the heart of the performance.
With a pedigree in British hi-fi design, Monitor Audio speakers are crafted for perfection in sound, aesthetics and build quality. Each of the nine Silver Series models has been meticulously created by engineers and craftsmen who are as passionate about music as you are. The result of over forty years of expertise in speaker development, this affordable family of sleek audio masterpieces takes performance to a new level of fidelity. Hi-fi and home theatre systems have never sounded this good.
CRAFTED FOR YOU
Technology from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II range has been incorporated to reduce distortion, providing the purest mid-range performance. The master of metal cone technology, Monitor Audio has invested in all-new drivers developed for this range. Whichever Silver Series models you find ideal for your environment, you will begin to rediscover your music and film collection as you’ve never heard it before.
SILVER C350 CENTRE
The three-way, four-driver configuration utilises the same driver complement as the Silver 300 although, in this case, the bass drivers have been designed and tuned to work in a sealed box for easier placement in a cabinet or close to a boundary/wall. For the perfect A/V enjoyment, you can’t better the Silver C350 for crisp, articulate dialogue. Don’t miss a word.
What makes the Silver C350 so special is the vertical orientation of the mid and tweeter axis which delivers the same directivity as the other speakers in the system. A high percentage of the total sound balance in a theatre system is delivered to the centre channel (typically 60%), so this crucial speaker should not to be overlooked when specifying a high-performance, no-compromise theatre system for the home.
The Silver C350 makes an ideal partner for the Silver 100, Silver 300 and Silver 500 models, being carefully matched to their sonic characteristics.
"Moving on to movies, I cued up a favourite demo sequence of mine, the "Thunderstruck" sequence from the truly campy (and horrible) action flick, Battleship (Universal Pictures). With the Silver 300's matching centre and subwoofer now in place, I set the volume to stun, and holy shit! Grinning like an idiot, I jotted down these exact words: BIG, BOLD, COMPOSED. That pretty much sums it up. The Silver 300, as a home theatre speaker, proved to be as adept at movies as I found them to be with music. Take 'em to eleven and they don't disappoint nor fall to pieces. What I did find surprising was that via the film's DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack, and in the absence of surround channels, the soundstage was HUGE, obliterating the physical boundaries of my room. The Silver 300's sudden discovery of a vast lateral soundstage was something I hadn't experienced in any of my two-channel tests."
"Dialogue through the C350 centre speaker was focused and natural in its timbre. I felt like there was a bit more weight and maybe a touch more scale to the characters' vocals through the Silver 300s themselves (when listening with the centre turned off), but that is to be expected, for we are talking about quite a difference in cabinet volume and construction between the 300 towers and the C350. Still, within the C350's wheelhouse, it was fantastic, and editorialised not in the slightest. The last thing I will say about the C350 is this: it is the ideal centre to mate with the Silver 300s, though it is on the larger side, so those who like to shoehorn their centre speakers into cabinets, consider yourself warned." - Andrew Robinson (Home Theater Review 2019). Full review here.
• Three-way, four-driver configuration (electrically and acoustically) allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better higher efficiency and lower distortion
• Sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in an A/V cabinet, restricted voids or close to a wall
• 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter, featuring vented Neo magnet system, optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding treble
• Specially developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system to ensure the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap guaranteeing very low distortion
• Dual 6-inch bass drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
• Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
• Pure-flow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain
• High-quality crossovers with premium-grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
• Bespoke, high-quality bi-wire terminals
• Premium handcrafted cabinets featuring quality real wood veneer finishes in Black Oak, Walnut, and Satin White.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 40Hz - 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
Maximum SPL: 113 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 200 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 80 - 200 W
Cabinet Design: Sealed cabinet
Crossover Frequency: LF/MF: 830Hz, MF/HF: 3.2kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 6 " C-CAM RST bass driver, 1 x 4" C-CAM RST midrange driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions: 235 x 560 x 270 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 14.9 Kg