Delivering the best possible sound into your life is Monitor Audio’s main aim. Whether from movies or your favourite music, with the Silver Series of technologically advanced loudspeakers you can be sure of a quality so lifelike that it takes you to the heart of the performance.
With a pedigree in British hi-fi design, Monitor Audio speakers are crafted for perfection in sound, aesthetics and build quality. Each of the nine Silver Series models has been meticulously created by engineers and craftsmen who are as passionate about music as you are. The result of over forty years of expertise in speaker development, this affordable family of sleek audio masterpieces takes performance to a new level of fidelity. Hi-fi and home theatre systems have never sounded this good.
Technology from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II range has been incorporated to reduce distortion, providing the purest mid-range performance. The master of metal cone technology, Monitor Audio has invested in all-new drivers developed for this range. Whichever Silver Series models you find ideal for your environment, you will begin to rediscover your music and film collection as you’ve never heard it before.
This wall-mountable compact two-way design offers dual dispersion characteristics for the perfect surround sound set-up.
The discreet profile and angled baffle design of Monitor Audio’s specially-developed Silver FX incorporates a single 6-inch C-CAM bass/mid driver featuring RST technology and C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
The Silver FX can be flush-mounted on side or rear walls where it blends unobtrusively with any interior. Its dispersion characteristics can be easily changed with a switch to accommodate the precise requirements for dipole or bipole orientation, giving it maximum flexibility in multi-channel system installations.
"Suddenly, the crashes, bangs and wallops of The Lego Batman Movie are thrown at us, as if physically travelling around the room with incredible cohesion as each speaker complements the others’ character."
"We give the sub a little extra room to rumble than our initial set-up permitted, and it sets the foundation for a performance of concrete solidity."
"As a whole, the package times with military precision, driving the film’s plentiful action scenes with relentless momentum and delivering quips with the comparative sharpness of their wit."
"But a surround package lives or dies by its centre speaker, which carries the burden of the work."
"The extra hours of running in make all the difference: there are inflections in deadpan deliveries, urgency in moments of panic and musicality in the soundtrack" - What Hi-Fi? (2018). Full review here.
• Discreet design with flush wall placement and with recessed terminations
• Sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in an A/V cabinet, restricted voids or close to a wall
• Dual 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter, featuring vented Neo magnet system, optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding treble
• 6-inch bass/mid driver with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
• Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
• Pure-flow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain
• High-quality crossovers with premium-grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
• Bespoke, high-quality bi-wire terminals
• Premium handcrafted cabinets featuring quality real wood veneer finishes in Black Oak, Walnut, and Satin White.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 60Hz - 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
Maximum SPL: 110 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 85 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 30 - 85 W
Cabinet Design: Sealed cabinet
Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 6 " C-CAM RST bass driver, 2 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions: 250 x 322 x 147 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 4.3 Kg