12", 500w Subwoofer
The new Silver W12 active subwoofer introduces a number of new design developments housed in a compact high power unit. A new 500 watt DSP controlled amplifier utilises advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques and superior processing to increase dynamic control and deliver far greater head-room. The W12’s sealed box construction ensures that this potent unity of power and control delivers tight, fast and tuneful bass all the way down to a thunderous 22Hz in a typical room set up. The sealed box, front-firing driver design makes for easy installation and EQ where close proximity to a room boundary may be necessary.
The W-12 also features Monitor Audio’s proprietary and innovative APC (Automatic Position Correction) system, which uses a microphone and test tones to identify detrimental room modes and correct frequency response for the room and position automatically. This simple and quick process will ensure perfectly optimised seismic bass quality in any room.
- Ultra long throw 12” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone.
- Triple suspended driver for ultimate linearity, ensuring control at high power and long excursions.
- Oversized black anodized 3” driver voice coil provides high power handling and low distortion.
- Powerful 500 watt RMS Class-D amplifier ensures instantaneous high current delivery.
- DSP processing with driver optimisation and crossover performed digitally.
- Monitor Audio developed Automatic Position Correction® (APC) optimises response for room acoustics.
- USB input for firmware updates.
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact).
- 12 volt trigger provides switching control from AV amp or processor.
- 25mm (1”) MDF construction. Heavy radial cabinet bracing.
- Top mounted control panel for easy access to main features.
- Selected real wood veneer or high gloss piano finishes.
- Low Frequency Response: 20Hz (Typical IEC room)
- Upper Frequency Limit: 40 - 120Hz
- Variable Low Pass Filter Alignment: Active 4th order 24dB/Octave
- Amplifier Power Output: 500W Continuous
- Amplifier Classification: Class-D amplifier with Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Bass EQ Profiles 1: Movie, 2: Music, 3:
- Impact Phase Control 0 & 81 degrees
- Auto Sensing Line Level >2mV
- Input Level Requirements Standby after 20 minutes if no signal sensed
- Driver Compliment 1 x 12" C-CAM® sub-woofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3" long throw voice coil
- 12v Trigger Input 5 - 12v via 3.5mm mono mini-jack socket
- Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Excluding Grille & Amp) 340 x 340 x 380mm
- Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Including Grille & Amp & Feet) 370 x 340 x 410mm
- Mains Input Voltage 220 - 240 Vac 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption 400 Watts / 0.5 Watts in Standby (ErP approved)
- Individual Weight: 20.1Kg