Brooklyn DAC+ is primarily reference USB2 DAC, but also line and phono analog preamplifier and a reference headphone amplifier. It integrates digital and vinyl hi-res playback for reference listening on headphones and speakers. All integrated functions are of the premium grade. Both phono preamplifier as well as a headphone amplifier are of the highest quality, they challenge dedicated units costing thousands of $$.
Brooklyn DAC+ was launched at RMAF 2017 in October 2017 and is now shipping. It replaces Brooklyn DAC which has now been discontinued.
Brooklyn DAC+ features the following improvements as compared to Brooklyn DAC:
• Sabre 9028 Pro chipset ( 9018 in older model)
• Higher grade, more transparent and less noisy analog attenuator circuit.
• Improved analog input performance
• Improved Phono Stage transparency
• Improved Headphone Amp sound (more detail, more definition)
• Dual mono analog path
In other words Brooklyn DAC+ has the same features as Brooklyn DAC but improved sound. It’s not a huge improvement, but noticeable, as Brooklyn DAC is still excellent sounding and best value in the price category when compared to competition.
• High End USB/SPDIF/Toslink DAC
• Full MQA Unfolding
• Built in MM + MC Phono Stage
• Line Level in
• High Grade Digital or Analogue Preamplifier
• RCA & True Balanced XLR Outputs
• High grade Balanced Headphone Amplifier
• World Clock In & Out
• Upgradeable to have en external DC Power Supply
• Full control over LED and Screen Brightness and LED Colour
• Up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB DR, ES9028PRO chipset
MQA HI-RES DECODER:
• Built in certified hardware MQA™ decoder, full unfold to original sample rate
• USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless,all formats)
• AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP)
• 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP)
• Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP)
• SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
• “Mytek Femtoclock Generator™” 0.82ps internal jitter.
• Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
• Balanced XLR
• 50 Ohm impedance
• Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp
• 6 Watts
• Dual headphone jacks
• Designed to drive hard to drive headphones.
• 1dB step analog attenuator
• 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator
• Separate for main out and head-phones
• Purist relay bypass.
BUILT-IN ANALOG PREAMP:
• Line level input or Phono M/M, M/C input,
• Relay controlled.
AUDIO INTERFACE FUNCTION:
• All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2.
• Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitizing ADCs.
• Universal remote capable
WORLDWIDE POWER SUPPLY
OPTIONAL DC/BATTERY POWER INPUT:
• WxDxH= 8.5 x 8.5 x 1.74” = 216 x 216 x 44mm
• 4lbs, 2kg