Our C 356BEE DAC with the new MDC DAC built in, symbolises NAD’s desire for continual improvement—even on an award-winning design. We have refined our amplifier performance and added more value to our C 356BEE DAC design by applying knowledge gained from our top-of-the-line Masters Series M3 Amplifier. Able to drive the most complex loud speakers to their full musical potential, the C 356BEE DAC can challenge amplifiers costing two to three times more. With features like Preamp Out, Modular Design Construction, and the MDC DAC’s ability to play computer music, this amp will suit your requirements for years to come.
With our C 356BEE DAC, the world of computer music can be heard through your hi-fi system without the noise or distortion that commonly plagues analogue designs. Thanks to an ‘asynchronous USB’ technique and its high precision clock, 24/96 quality computer music flows smoothly without ‘jitter’ or harsh distortion. You can also plug Apple TV into the C 356BEE DAC to hear iTunes like never before!
Modular Design Construction (MDC)
The C 356BEE DAC, equipped with our MDC DAC Digital Analogue Converter, allows computer music to be streamed from your computer or attached storage device without musical compromise. MDC makes future upgrades possible with interchangeable modules!
Our NAD PowerDrive circuit delivers very high dynamic power and low impedance drive to accurately control loudspeakers, resulting in musically detailed, coherent, and relaxed sound. PowerDrive™ offers the capability of an amplifier twice as powerful without the energy drainage. Our exclusive Soft Clipping feature protects speakers (and ears) from damaging clipping distortion.
Real World Power
With 80W of continuous power (both channels), our C 356BEE DAC has the lowest levels of distortion and noise available in its price class. We use the most demanding criterion for performance measurement—Full Disclosure Power—measuring distortion under the most extreme conditions of low impedance loads and frequency extremes, rather than the easy 1kHz @ 8 ohms test used by many of our competitors.
The C 356BEE DAC offers <0.5W standby consumption and includes a convenient ‘vacation’ switch. We make every effort to reduce our environmental impact by manufacturing the C 356BEE DAC without heavy metals and other hazardous substances, and by using recycled and recyclable materials where possible.
NAD USB Audio Driver for Windows PCs (XP, Vista and 7)
In order to stream your computer audio, ensure that the Sound or Audio device setting of your computer is set to "NAD USB Audio". Download the "NAD USB Audio Driver" (click on the downloads tab on this page) and install this driver to your computer by following the instructions provided. Minimum system requirement: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher, Microsoft Windows 7.
Note: Any drivers previously loaded must be uninstalled prior to installing this driver
FOR MAC USERS
Minimum Mac OS X Snow Leopard (version 10.6) and later versions include USB Audio 2.0 drivers and therefore it is not necessary to install the NAD USB 2.0 Audio driver. Ensure the Sound device of your Mac is set to "NAD USB Audio 2.0".
- Continuous output power into 8 Ω and 4 Ω (Stereo) >150W (at rated THD, 20Hz-20kHz, both channels driven)
- THD 20Hz - 20kHz, CCIF IMD, DIM 100 <0.009% (ref. 20Hz - 20kHz)
- Clipping Power >170W (at 1kHz 0.1% THD)
- Bridge Power 8 Ohms 330W
- IHF Dynamic Power (Bridge Mode) 8 Ohms, 4 Ohms: 800W/1200W
- IHF Dynamic
- wn TI PCM1796
- Standby Power <0.5W
- Idle Power <120W
- Rated Power 290W (230V AC 50Hz 120V AC 60Hz)
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) Gross 435 x 150 x 396mm
- 17 1/8 x 5 7/8 x 15 5/8 inches
- Net Weight 15.3kg (33.7lb)
- Shipping Weight 18.0kg (39.6lb
- Power 8 Ohms, 4 Ohms, 2 Ohms: 250W (Dynamic Headroom +2.2dB)/410W (Dynamic Headroom +4.4dB)/600W
- Signal/Noise Ratio: >94dB (A-weighted, ref. 1W), >113dB (A-weighted, ref. 150W)
- Frequency Response: ±0.2dB (20Hz - 20kHz, Tone Defeat ON), 10Hz - 65kHz (-3dB)
- Channel Separation 1kHz, 10kHz:>80dB, >70dB
- MDC DAC Module
- Sample Rate 32kHz to 96kHz
- THD+N 0.005%
- Signal/Noise -90dB (ref. 500mV Tape out)
- Output Level 2V (at Tape out)
- Inputs: Digital Optical, USB 2.0 (Device side Asynchronous)
- Digital to Analogue Converter: Burr-Bro