The HA-1 is especially suitable for high-resolution digital audio playback. Its digital inputs include coaxial, optical, balanced AES/EBU, and an asynchronous USB DAC. It is easy to connect the HA-1 to digital audio players or to a computer running the listener’s favorite playback software. The USB DAC supports PCM audio up to 384 kHz 32-bit resolution and DSD audio up to 256x the CD sample rate. The same ESS 9018 Sabre32Reference DAC and output driving stage used in OPPO audiophile Blu-ray players ensure extremely low noise and low distortion performance. The HA-1 is compatible with Apple’s iPod, iPhone and iPad for use as an external DAC, enabling the listener to directly tap into digital music played from these devices. For additional convenience, the Bluetooth audio transport with high quality aptX CODEC sets music free from your mobile phones with a performance boost.
OPPO designs the HA-1 headphone amplifier with the same versatile approach as the Blu-ray players. The HA-1 is a high performance headphone amplifier, and it doubles as an asynchronous USB DAC, a stereo pre-amplifier, a digital audio dock for mobile devices, and a Bluetooth audio transport. Users have a choice of using the 4-pin balanced XLR or the traditional quarter-inch headphone jack. Line level analog inputs and outputs are provided with both RCA and balanced XLR sockets.
The HA-1 sports a classic design with contemporary elements. It is a desktop component housed in an aluminum chassis, and the familiar volume and source selection knobs are complemented by a 4.3-inch color screen for easy operation. While music is playing, the screen can show a classic VU meter, a modern spectrum display, or detailed technical information about the audio signal. A supplied IR remote and a smartphone app provide complete control and convenience.
The analog audio section of the HA-1 is a fully balanced design with an emphasis on keeping the audio signal in the analog domain once it leaves the DAC. The HA-1 is anchored by a hefty toroidal power transformer, and linear power regulators and filters with custom made capacitors ensure that the headphone amplifier has a clean power source with plenty of reserve energy. The fully balanced Class A power amplification section uses hand-picked and paired discrete components to ensure symmetry, and a motor-driven precision volume control knob allows for both manual and remote control volume adjustment while keeping the audio in a pure analog audio path.
Remote Control App
The OPPO Remote Control app provides a convenient way to control your OPPO HA-1 Headphone Amplifier from your mobile device. You will be able to switch input sources, adjust volume, mute/unmute audio, set the screen brightness level, and even control playback of digital audio sources.
"Nothing on the market has a price to features and performance ratio like this. The HA-1 is in a class all by itself. Housing the 2nd best audio clarity in the price tier, Oppo has achieved something few others have and I seriously doubt anyone is going to offer another DAC/amp in this price tier that offers this level of clarity as well as 1up Oppo with even more features." - Read the full review from headfonics.com here.
Available for audition at Soundline Wellington and Soundline Christchurch. Contact us for more details.
Class A Headphone Amp and Pre-Amp - Fully balanced analog inputs and outputs, purely analog volume control, and an adjustable headphone gain switch.
- Toroidal Power Supply - A custom OPPO transformer provides clean power with plenty of energy reserves.
- Mobile Device Support - Bluetooth with Apt-X codec for high quality wireless audio and a USB input for mobile phones and tablets.
- ESS 9018 Sabre32 Reference DAC - High resolution performance with extremely low noise and distortion.
- High Definition Audio Support - Numerous digital inputs including coaxial, optical, AES/EBU, and an asynchronous USB DAC input that supports PCM, DSD64 and DSD128.
- Display Driven Interface - Physical volume and source selection knobs frame a 4.3-inch display for easy operation.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10.0 x 4.8 x 12.2 inches, 254 x 80 x 333 mm
- Mass: 13.0 lbs, 5.9 kg
- Power Supply: 220-240 V~, 50/60 Hz auto-sensing
- Power Consumption: 70 W (operation), 0.5 W (standby)
- Trigger Input: 3.5 V – 15 V, 10mA minimum
- Trigger Output: 12 V, 100 mA maximum
- Operating Temperature: 5 °C - 35 °C
- Operating Humidity: 15% - 75% No condensation
- Recommended Headphone Impedance: 32 ohm – 600 ohm
- Balanced Headphone Jack Output (XLR-4) Pin order 1: L+, 2: L-, 3: R+, 4: R-, Shell: GND
- 6.35 mm Headphone Jack Output Pin order Tip: L, Ring: R, Sleeve: GND
- Input Impedance: 15k ohm
Maximum Input Level: 18 Vrms, +27.3 dBu (0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms)
RCA Stereo Audio Input
Input Impedance 10k ohm
Maximum Input Level: 9 Vrms, +21.3 dBu (0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms)
USB DAC Audio Input (USB B Type)
Input Format: Stereo PCM, Stereo DSD (DoP v1.1 or native)
PCM Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz
- PCM Word Length: 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit
DSD Sampling Frequencies 2.8224 MHz (DSD64), 5.6448 MHz (DSD128), 11.2896 MHz (DSD256, native mode only)
Profile: USB 2.0, USB Audio 2.0
Mobile USB Audio Input (USB A Type)
Input Format: Stereo PCM
PCM Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
Profile: USB 2.0, USB Audio 2.0
VBUS Power Output: +5 V, 2.1 A
Bluetooth Audio Input
Standard: Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
Profile: iAP, SPP, AVRCP, A2DP
Audio Transmission Format: SBC, aptX
DAC Performance Specifications
- Output Level: 4.6 ± 0.3 Vrms (XLR) 2.3 ± 0.3 Vrms (RCA)
- Frequency Response: (Tested with -10 dBFS / 384 kHz) 10 Hz – 170 kHz (+0/-3 dB), 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-0.07 dB) (XLR) 10 Hz – 170 kHz (+0/-3 dB), 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-0.07 dB) (RCA)
- THD+N at 1 kHz (A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): < 0.00056% (< -105 dB) (RCA)< 0.00056% (< -105 dB) (XLR)
- Channel Separation: > 105 dB (XLR) > 105 dB (RCA)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): > 115 dB (XLR) > 113 dB (RCA)
- Dynamic Range (1 kHz -60 dBFS, A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): > 115 dB (XLR) > 113 dB (RCA
Pre-amplifier Performance Specifications
- Rated Output Level: 4.6 Vrms (XLR) 2.3 Vrms (RCA)
- Frequency Response:10 Hz – 200 kHz (+0/-2 dB) 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-0.04 dB) (XLR), 10 Hz – 200 kHz (+0/-2 dB) 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-0.04 dB) (RCA)
- THD+N at 1 kHz (A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): < 0.00056% (< -105 dB) (XLR), < 0.00071% (< -103 dB) (RCA)
- Channel Separation: > 120 dB (XLR) > 110 dB (RCA)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): > 110 dB (XLR) > 105 dB (RCA)
- Dynamic Range (1 kHz -60 dB, A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): > 120 dB (XLR) > 115 dB (RCA)
- Maximum Gain (100 mVrms input): 6 dB (XLR) 6 dB (RCA)
Headphone Amplifier Performance Specifications
Maximum Output Power (Per Channel) (Into 600Ohm): XLR - 2400mW, RCA - 600mW(Into 32Ohm) RCA - 3000mW, XLR - 3500mW
Rated Output Power (Per Channel) (Into 600Ohm) XLR - 800mW, RCA - 200mW(Into 32Ohm) XLR - 2000mW, RCA - 500mW
Frequency Response: CLR - 10 Hz – 200 kHz (+0/-1 dB) 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-0.04 dB), RCA - 10 Hz – 200 kHz (+0/-1 dB) 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-0.04 dB)
THD+N at 1k Hz (A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz) At Rated Power: XLR - < 0.0018% (< -95 dB), RCA - < 0.0056% (< -85 dB)At 50 mW: XLR - < 0.001% (< -100 dB), RCA - < 0.0022% (< -93dB)
Channel Separation: XLR - > 120 dB, RCA - > 90 dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): XLR - > 111 dB RCA - > 111 dB
Dynamic Range (1 kHz -60 dB, A Weight, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): XLR > 120 dB, RCA - > 115 dB
- Output Impedance: XLR - 0.5Ohm, RCA - 0.7Ohm