Planar Magnetic Headphone
The OPPO PM-1 Planar Magnetic headphone offers a different way of thinking about planar magnetic technology. The PM-1 is characterized by its natural, dynamic, and engaging sound quality with an emphasis on comfort and reduced weight. It is the result of many years of research led by a team comprised of passionate audio and acoustics engineers, chemical and materials scientists, and audiophiles. A number of technological breakthroughs have made their way into the PM-1, including the use of a unique 7-layer diaphragm, double-sided spiraling coils, and an FEM-optimized magnet system.
Planar Magnetic Technology
The OPPO PM-1 utilizes a planar magnetic driver that sets it apart from the majority of headphones on the market. Sound is generated by a very thin and light diaphragm whose entire surface area is evenly driven. The diaphragm is driven in a symmetric pull-push manner, and the magnetic system and conductor patterns have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and consistency. This allows the diaphragm to generate very stable and linear piston-like vibrations, ensuring phase coherence and high resolution performance with minimal distortion.
Unique to the OPPO PM-1 is the use of a double-sided diaphragm, which allows us to place twice as many conductors within the magnetic field and eliminate any passive return zones where the conductors do not work. This results in the use of 100% of our conductor length, which in turn results in greater efficiency. In addition, our flat conductor pattern eliminates inductance-related intermodulation distortion, common with dynamic headphones, and the OPPO PM-1’s purely resistive impedance means that sound quality is unaffected by a headphone amplifier’s output impedance.
The OPPO PM-1 combines high sensitivity with low weight, allowing it to be used freely with portable devices without requiring additional amplification. Its circumaural, open back design provides the best in sound quality and comfort, and the overall rugged construction ensures that the headphones can withstand mechanical and environmental stress.
These aspects of the OPPO PM-1’s design combine to provide a transparent, highly dynamic sound that exhibits well-balanced tonal qualities with very little distortion, resulting in a listening experience that is both free of fatigue and capable of communicating every nuance of your favorite music.
"Oppo’s PM-1 is a fantastic first step for this company into the headphone world. Oppo set out to achieve something specifically setup for a consumer grade-hifi sound signature. They nailed it. There is a new Titan on the block and the Old Gods need to pay heed and tribute." read the full review from headfonics.com here.
Available for audition at Soundline Wellington and Soundline Christchurch. Contact us for more details.
- Proprietary Planar Magnetic Technology
- Life-like, Natural Sound Quality
- High Sensitivity & Scalability
- Plush Padding & Reduced Weight for Exceptional Comfort
- Acoustic Principle: Open back
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Nominal Impedance: 32 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 102 dB in 1 mW
- Clamping Pressure: 5 N
- Cables: 3 m detachable OCC cable (6.35 mm) 1 m detachable OFC cable (3.5 mm)
- Cable Connectors: Output: 2.5 mm mono mini jacks Input: 6.35 mm stereo jack, 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Weight: 395 g (without cable)
- Included Accessories: Wooden Box, Carrying Case, 6.35 mm and 3.5 mm cables, Alternative set of velour ear pads, User Manual
- Driver Type: Planar Magnetic
- Driver Size (Oval): 85 x 69 mm
- Magnet System: Symmetric push-pull neodymium
- Frequency Response In Free-Field: 10 - 50,000 Hz
- Long-Term Max Input Power: 500 mW according to IEC 60268-7
- Pulse Max Input Power: 2 W