Moving Coil Cartridge
Ortofon is constantly looking for new technology to be used in their products and push the performance of existing technology. Thus they can assure the highest level of performance and quality. The Kontrapunkt models and MC Jubilee became market standards and are among the most popular cartridges. Nevertheless Ortofon decided to develope a new cartridge series that is even more ambitious.
By carefully implementing cobalt-iron pole pieces, new improved winding process on the armature, using extruded aluminium housing in the models as well as other changes, Ortofon have been able to reveal new possibilities in performing the analogue information.
Cadenza Blue is true to the music with a tremendous clarity, adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details.
The Cadenza Blue model is using a Nude FG 70 stylus with a very thin ruby cantilever.
The coils are made from 6NX (99.9999 %) pure silver wire.
An improved winding process on the armature allows a better channel balance.
The soundstage of Cadenza Blue is wide open and grandiose straight out of the box. Micro dynamic and ambience will be evident when listening to complex compositions. It reaches a very high degree of definition in the perspective, which is very present.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec - 0,5 mV
- Channel balance - < 1,2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 23 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 15 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB - 20 Hz - 50 kHz
- Frequency response 20 Hz - 20 kHz - +2/-1
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 12 μm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude FG 70 on Ruby cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/70
- Tracking force range - 2,2-2,7 g (22-27 mN)
- Tracking force recommended - 2,5 g (25 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - 50-200 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - Stainless steel Aluminium
- Cartridge colour - Blue/Black
- Cartridge weight - 10,7 g