Moving Coil Cartridge
Ortofon is constantly looking for new technology to be used in their products and push the performance of existing technology. Thus they can assure the highest level of performance and quality. The Kontrapunkt models and MC Jubilee became market standards and are among the most popular cartridges. Nevertheless Ortofon decided to develope a new cartridge series that is even more ambitious.
By carefully implementing cobalt-iron pole pieces, new improved winding process on the armature, using extruded aluminium housing in the models as well as other changes, Ortofon have been able to reveal new possibilities in performing the analogue information.
MC Cadenza Red delivers open, dynamic sound with a touch of warmth, and
The sound picture of Cadenza Red is relaxed, homogeneous and moderately dynamic and have great space and depth in the stereo image.
The Cadenza Red model is using a Nude Fine Line stylus with a cylindrical aluminium cantilever. The stylus tip radius is r/R 8/40 µm.
The coils are made from 6NX (99.9999 %) pure silver wire.
An improved winding process on the armature allows a better channel balance.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec - 0,45 mV
- Channel balance - < 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 23 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 15 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB - 20 Hz - 50 kHz
- Frequency response 20 Hz - 20 kHz - +3/-1
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 12 μm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Fine Line on Alu cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/40
- Tracking force range - 2,2-2,7 g (22-27 mN)
- Tracking force recommended - 2,5 g (25 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - 50-500 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - Stainless steel Aluminium
- Cartridge colour - Red/Black
- Cartridge weight - 10,7 g