1-Xpression Carbon Classic is the 6th generation of the Hi-Fi classic Pro-Ject 1, which was presented for the first time in 1991. No other entry-level turntable concept is more audiophile, and the current version includes a totally new carbon tone-arm with spin-off "EVO" technology. Its new innovative gimbal design features a resonance-damping counterweight, that gives the best performance for any cartridge. The improved belt-drive design uses a low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling, ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (comparable results to the Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability.
The complex main platter construction cannot be found elsewhere in this price range and is similar to our top of the range Xtension models. Advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) are used in a sandwich construction with aluminium alloy for optimised resonance behaviour. The platter bearing axle is made from low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless steel, running on a Teflon bottom in a bronze bearing housing. The main plinth is low-resonance MDF, which is effectively decoupled from structure-borne noise by special absorber feet that use TPE technology.
- Belt drive system with synchronous motor
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- Heavy steel sandwich platter with TPE technology for superior resonance damping & felt mat
- 8.6” carbon tonearm with Evo Kardan rings
- Resonance damping counterweight design
- Gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback