The 2Xperience SB DC is based on the 2Xperience belt-drive concept which incorporates over 20 years of turntable design experience. The addition of a precision DC motor control, electronic speed changing and the high end 9cc Evolution carbon fibre tonearm results in vastly improved playback quality unheard of at this price point.
The heavy chassis is made from MDF using a non-resonant construction technique. The turntable platter is built with heavy, non-resonant materials in a precisely balanced sandwich configuration. A layer of reused vinyl records acts as the perfect turntable mat. A threaded and light-weight record clamp eliminates unwanted record vibration and rumbling of the main platter bearing.
The audio performance of the final product benefits from the multi-layered resonance-free platter - avoiding the ringing effect inherent with metal and glass platters.
- Belt drive system with synchronous motor
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm speed change
- High mass precision balanced sandwich platter with vinyl mat
- Threaded record clamp tightens record to platter
- Inverted main platter bearing made
- Advanced Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge featuring silver spools for ultimate fidelity
- 9” Carbon EVO tonearm with Evo Kardan rings
- Gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
Read the 5 star review from Hi-Fi Choice here.
Speed: 33, 45 (electronic speed change)
Principle: belt drive
Speed variance: ∓ 0.5%
Wow & flutter: ∓ 0.08%
Platter: 300 mm
Main bearing: stainless steel
Tonearm: 9” Carbon EVO
Effective arm length: 230 mm
Overhang: 18.0 mm
Effective tonearm mass: 8.5 g
Included accessories: 15 volts DC /0.8A power supply, dust cover
Power consumption: 4.0 watts max /< 0.5 watt standby
Dimensions: 460 x 160 x 360 mm (W x H x D)