Superlative vinyl performance in a more compact size!
The Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22 kg total turntable mass. With these two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating.The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of the old standard adoption of pure metal used for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on the inner side with Sorbothane®. Additionally we’ve glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultrasilently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. The Pro-Ject 10” Evolution with its tonearm base also benefits from ‘high-mass’ technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®. To use this tonearm with a wide range of top quality phono cartridges, from 4 to 14 Grams it comes with a set of 4 different Sorbothane®- damped counterweights.
Pro-Ject Audio Systems offers their high-end turntables with premium 5pin > RCA unbalanced arm cable or – by request – with premium balanced 5pin > XLR connection to Pro-Ject Phono Box RS preamplifier. Phono Box RS offers balanced phono inputs, what guarantees superior results in high-end vinyl reproduction with a balanced signal source.
NOTE: The signal source and the receiving device have to be equipped with balanced connections. Transmission of audio signals in a balanced mode reduce the influence of interference due to external stray electric fields significantly.
• Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
• Mass loaded magnetic floating sub-chassis
• Precision balanced sandwich-platter
• Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
• Heavy weight record clamp
• Extremely low level of natural resonance
• Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
• Electronic speed control 33/45/78 Upm
• Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
• Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
• Dust cover included
We carefully set up every turntable and cartridge we sell. So if you're new to turntables or have decades of experience, you know you'll be getting the most enjoyment from your system. You can be safe in the knowledge that you can take your turntable home, plug it straight in and start enjoying good music without any worry of something being setup incorrectly.
• Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
• Principle: Belt drive
• Platter: 300 mm aluminium (TPE damped)
• Main bearing: Inverted stainless steel with ceramic ball with antimagnetic support
• Wow & flutter: ± 0.01% (max)
• Speed variance: ± 0.09% (max)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB
• Tonearm: 10” cc EVO, Carbon
• Effective arm length: 254 mm
• Effective tonearm mass: 8.5 g
• Overhang: 16.0 mm
• Tracking force range: 10 - 30 mN
• Cartridge weight range: 4 - 14 g (4 different counterweights included)
• Included accessories: Power supply, dust cover
• Power consumption: 2 Watts
• Dimensions: 480 x 235 x 400 mm (WxHxD)
• Weight: 18 kg net