Superlative vinyl performance in a more compact size!
The Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22 kg total turntable mass. With these two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating.The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of the old standard adoption of pure metal used for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on the inner side with Sorbothane®. Additionally we’ve glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultrasilently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. The Pro-Ject 10” Evolution with its tonearm base also benefits from ‘high-mass’ technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®. To use this tonearm with a wide range of top quality phono cartridges, from 4 to 14 Grams it comes with a set of 4 different Sorbothane®- damped counterweights.
Pro-Ject Audio Systems offers their high-end turntables with premium 5pin > RCA unbalanced arm cable or – by request – with premium balanced 5pin > XLR connection to Pro-Ject Phono Box RS preamplifier. Phono Box RS offers balanced phono inputs, what guarantees superior results in high-end vinyl reproduction with a balanced signal source.
NOTE: The signal source and the receiving device have to be equipped with balanced connections. Transmission of audio signals in a balanced mode reduce the influence of interference due to external stray electric fields significantly.
• Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
• Mass loaded magnetic floating sub-chassis
• Precision balanced sandwich-platter
• Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
• Heavy weight record clamp
• Extremely low level of natural resonance
• Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
• Electronic speed control 33/45/78 Upm
• Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
• Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
• Dust cover included
• Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
• Principle: Belt drive
• Platter: 300 mm aluminium (TPE damped)
• Main bearing: Inverted stainless steel with ceramic ball with antimagnetic support
• Wow & flutter: ± 0.01% (max)
• Speed variance: ± 0.09% (max)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB
• Tonearm: 10” cc EVO, Carbon
• Effective arm length: 254 mm
• Effective tonearm mass: 8.5 g
• Overhang: 16.0 mm
• Tracking force range: 10 - 30 mN
• Cartridge weight range: 4 - 14 g (4 different counterweights included)
• Included accessories: Power supply, dust cover
• Power consumption: 2 Watts
• Dimensions: 480 x 235 x 400 mm (WxHxD)
• Weight: 18 kg net