Superlative vinyl performance from a compact luxurious turntable/arm configuration!
ct Xtension 9 Evolution incorporates all our turntable design experience from more than 20 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we've found a perfect alloy which we damped on with thermo plastc elastomers (TPE). Additionally we've glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it.
The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Evolution includes a top-class highend tonearm „9cc Evolution“ and comes complete with a beautiful dustcover.
3 different high gloss lacquer finish options are available: mahogany, piano, olive, red and white.
- 8.6” carbon tonearm
- Heavy non resonant acrylic platter
- New integrated precision electronic speed changer for 33, 45 & 78 rpm.
- DC power supply with ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator for ultimate speed stability
- Precision belt drive with synchronous motor
- New TPE motor suspension
- 2M Red Magnetic cartridge
- Speed 33, 45 & 78 (electronic/manual speed change)
- Drive principle belt drive
- Platter 300mm acrylic platter
- Mains bearing stainless steel
- Wow & flutter +/- 0.10%
- Speed drift +/- 0.80%
- Signal to noise - 68dB
- Tonearm 8.6”, Carbon
- Effective arm length 218.5 mm
- Effective arm mass 6.0 g
- Overhang 18.5mm
- Tracking force 10 - 30mN
- Included accessories 15 volts DC / 0.8A power supply, dust cover
- Power connection230/240 Volt - 60 Hz
- Standby power consumption < 1 watt
- Dimensions 415 x 118 x 320mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight 5.6 kg net