Superlative vinyl performance from a compact luxurious turntable/arm configuration!
Xtension 9 Evolution incorporates all our turntable design experience from more than 20 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16 kg total turntable mass. With these two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating. The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on with thermo plastic elastomers (TPE). Additionally we’ve placed recycled Vinyl records on top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. The Xtension 9 Evolution includes a top-class high-end tonearm 9” Evolution.
Pro-Ject Audio Systems offers their high-end turntables with premium 5pin > RCA unbalanced arm cable or – by request – with premium balanced 5pin > XLR connection to Pro-Ject Phono Box RS preamplifier. Phono Box RS offers balanced phono inputs, what guarantees superior results in high-end vinyl reproduction with a balanced signal source.
NOTE: The signal source and the receiving device have to be equipped with balanced connections. Transmission of audio signals in a balanced mode reduce the influence of interference due to external stray electric fields significantly.
• Heavy 16 kg belt drive turntable
• Mass loaded magnetic floating sub-chassis
• Precision balanced sandwich-platter
• Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
• Heavy weight record clamp
• MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
• Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
• Tonearm 9cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
• Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
• Dust cover included
We carefully set up every turntable and cartridge we sell. So if you're new to turntables or have decades of experience, you know you'll be getting the most enjoyment from your system. You can be safe in the knowledge that you can take your turntable home, plug it straight in and start enjoying good music without any worry of something being setup incorrectly.
• Speed: 33, 45 (electronic speed change)
• Principle: Belt drive
• Platter: 300 mm aluminium (TPE damped)
• Main bearing: Inverted stainless steel with ceramic ball with antimagnetic support
• Wow & flutter: ± 0.10% (max)
• Speed variance: ± 0.09% (max)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB
• Tonearm: 9” cc EVO, Carbon
• Effective arm length: 230 mm
• Effective tonearm mass: 8.5 g
• Overhang: 18.0 mm
• Tracking force range: 0 - 25 mN
• Included accessories: Power supply, dust cover
• Power consumption: 4 Watts max / < 1 Watt standby
• Dimensions: 465 x 185 x 350 mm (WxHxD)
• Weight: 18.0 kg net