As typical of Rotel amplifiers, the RA-1572’s circuitry draws on a high capacity power supply based on a Rotel custom designed and in-house manufactured oversized toroidal transformer. In addition to providing an abundance of voltage and current for all operating stages, the transformer’s toroidal shape helps prevent stray radiation patterns from corrupting audio signals as they pass through adjacent circuit stages.
Long recognized as a central component in superb yet cost-effective music systems, the integrated amplifier’s job has evolved substantially as many music-lovers have migrated to digital sources. The RA-1572 is one of the best examples of melding classic analog design with contemporary digital circuits to bring all of your sources to life with surpassing fidelity.
Subsequent power supply segments built with tight-tolerance parts including T-Network capacitors provide the exact voltage and current requirements to ensure stress-free signal reproduction.
The RA-1572’s input section is substantially more flexible than that found in most integrated amplifiers. In recognition of the predominance of digital sources available today, the RA-1572 has a built-in state of the art 32-bit/768kHz AKM digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and analog stages of the highest quality. The DAC and surrounding circuitry supports a vast array of source inputs including DSD capable PC-USB (32-bit/384kHz). A front panel USB input is provided for easy connection of a wide variety of music storage devices including Apple iPods, iPhones, and iPads. The Bluetooth input supports aptX for superior performance with compatible devices. In addition, two each coaxial (RCA) and optical (TOSlink) inputs provide easy connections for LPCM music sources including popular streaming devices with up to 24-bit word lengths sampled at 192 kHz. Importantly, it is possible to fix the level and set an auto-on option with digital inputs for use with devices that provide their own volume control for convenient “hands-off” use. Analog inputs include a pair of balanced XLR connectors in addition to conventional RCA jacks.
The Class AB output stage uses discrete devices to ensure precise reproduction of all signals regardless of origin with virtually any loudspeaker. The power output, conservatively rated at a robust 120 watts per channel into 8 ohms, is substantial as it is a continuous “both channels driven simultaneously” rating fully in keeping with real-world requirements and Rotel’s tradition of providing extraordinary value. A mono subwoofer output is also provided.
User conveniences include two 12-volt triggers to control on/off operation of other components, a highly visible VFD display for set-up, internet-based software updates, as well as RS232 and IP control capabilities.
• 3 RCA Line Level Inputs
• 1 XLR Balanced Input
• Built in MM Phono Stage
• APTX Bluetooth Built in.
• Speaker A+B
• Stereo Pre-out
• Dual Summed Mono Pre-Out for Subwoofers (Full Range)
• Dual Optical and Coaxial Digital Inputs
• PC-USB DAC
• USB Mass Storage Compatible
• Input Assignable Processor Mode
• Input Assignable Auto Turn-On (Digital inputs Only)
• CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT: 120W/Ch (8Ω)
• TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION (THD)(20Hz–20kHz): <0.03%
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- Line Level Inputs: 10Hz - 100kHz ±0.5dB
- Digital Inputs: 10Hz - 90kHz ±2dB
- Phono Input: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.5dB
• S/N RATIO (IHF "A" Weighted):
- Line Level Inputs: 100dB
- Digital Inputs: 100dB
- Phono Input: 80dB
• INTERMODULATION DISTORTION (60Hz:7kHz, 4:1): <0.03%
• DAMPING FACTOR: 300
• SPEAKER IMPEDANCE: 4Ω minimum
• INPUT SENSITIVITY:
- Line Level Inputs (RCA): 270mV
- Line Level Inputs (XLR): 440mV
- Phono Input (MM): 2.1mV
• INPUT IMPEDANCE:
- Line Level Inputs (RCA): 100kΩ
- Line Level Inputs (XLR): 100kΩ
- Digital Inputs: 75Ω
- Phono Input (MM): 47kΩ
• INPUT OVERLOAD:
- Line Level Inputs (RCA): 4V
- Line Level Inputs (XLR): 5.5V
- Phono Input: 32mV
• PREOUT LEVEL: 1.5V
• OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 470Ω
• TONE CONTROLS: ±10dB at 100Hz / 10kHz
• COAX/OPTICAL DIGITAL INPUT SIGNALS: LPCM (Up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- USB Audio Class 1 (up to 24/96)
- USB Audio Class 2 (up to 32/384) (Driver installation required)
- DSD and DoP support
• DIMENSIONS (W × H × D): 431 × 144 × 358mm
• FRONT PANEL HEIGHT: 3U / 132.6mm
• POWER CONSUMPTION: 400W
• STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: <0.5W
• NET WEIGHT: 13kg
• BTU RATING (4Ω, 1/8th power): 810 BTU/h