With only slightly less power than its big brother, the RMB-1555 retains a very robust power supply to deliver 5 x 120 Watts per channel to medium and large home theatres.
The RMB-1555 is a remarkable multichannel amplifier with power output conservatively rated at 120 Watts per channel into 8 ohms (all channels driven!). With all but the most demanding speakers located in extraordinarily large rooms, the RMB-1555 exerts the kind of precise control that presents both nuance and bombast correctly from the faintest flute overtones to the subterranean rumble of an approaching apocalypse.
The RMB-1555 employs a high current, toroidal transformer matched to discrete output transistors with their higher thermal stability and freedom from the designed-in compromises that characterise their integrated circuit cousins. The Class AB amplifier configuration assures the best balance between power output and thermal efficiency.
• CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT: 120W/Ch (8Ω)
• TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION (THD)(20Hz–20kHz): <0.03%
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10Hz - 100kHz +0.5, -3dB
• S/N RATIO (IHF "A" Weighted): 116dB GAIN26.5dB
• NTERMODULATION DISTORTION (60Hz:7kHz, 4:1): <0.03%
• DAMPING FACTOR: 180
• SPEAKER IMPEDANCE: 4Ω minimum
• INPUT SENSITIVITY: 1.5V
• INPUT IMPEDANCE: 12kΩ
• DIMENSIONS (W × H × D): 431 × 188 × 454mm
• FRONT PANEL HEIGHT: 4U / 176.8mm
• POWER CONSUMPTION: 650W
• STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: 0.5W
• NET WEIGHT: 21.8kg
• BTU RATING (4Ω, 1/8th power): 1683 BTU/h