Omni Directional Speaker.
The Shahinian ARC represents the very essence of Shahinian's design philosophy. A refined reduction of the Citation 13 which Richard Shahinian designed in 1970 at Harman-Kardon, it is the synthesis of 30 years of investigation into loudspeaker geometry. Cost-effective, compact, elegant, flexible, ideally suited for reproduction of natural instruments and voices. It's vertical, angular, in-direct presentation produces such a sense of effortless space, as to make most conventional speakers sound like mistakes. The Shahinian ARC is so convincing in its re-creation of the real event, one concentrates on the music and forgets the means. A wide variety of room placement choices are possible, as the shape lends to partial blocking behind furniture or plants. The bass response is ample and clear down to 28 Hz, and organ pedals in particular will surprise you with the lack of Doppler interference. Bass drum explosions from a speaker of this size will truly astound you. And yet, a solo harpsichord will produce no weight of tone beyond its own.
- Finland Birch ply cabinet.
- Rear mounted passive radiator.
- Top mounted 8" polypropylene curvilinear cone woofer with 1 ½" high-temperature patented D.D. voice coil and 28-oz ceramic magnet.
- Top mounted 1 ½" titanium ultralight exposed dome midrange driver.
- Top mounted 1" titanium-neodymium super-tweeter.
- 250 W max
- -3dB/28-18,000 Hz
- 6 ohms
- 87 dB
- 36.8 x 69.9 x 24.8 cm
- Natural Oak
- 15 kg