The Alpha NR power cord offers the best price to performance ratio in Shunyata Research’s Noise Reduction series. Eight gauge VTX™ hollow-core) conductors equipped it to handle the highest-powered amplifiers and yet it is incredibly flexible for use on a small CD player. CopperCONN®, pure copper connectors, are the best in the business. KPIP™ eliminates burn-in issues.
The Alpha NR and Alpha EF power cables deliver true reference level performance with massive 8-gauge VTX™ conductors and the industry’s finest CopperCONN® power connectors. The Alpha NR model adds measurable noise-reduction through the use of Shunyata’s own CCI™ Filter-system, while the ultra-flexible Alpha EF provides world-class performance to components with obstructed power entries. Alpha EF and Alpha NR power-cables possess truly unique technologies, metal-treatments and parts customization that simply does not exist in competitive products — and they accomplish this at surprisingly affordable prices.
- Shunyata Research uses only the highest purity of copper available for the production of its wire products. OFE Alloy 101 or C10100 is the highest grade of copper with a minimum 99.99% purity and a conductivity rating of 101% IACS. OFE stands for oxygen-free electrolytic and supersedes the term OFHC (oxygen-free high conductivity). C10100 is the only grade of copper that comes with a written certification of purity. Certified by ASTM F68 C10100.
- Shunyata Research's exclusive VTX™ conductors are made in the shape of virtual tubes. The core of the conductor is completely hollow minimizing skin effects and random eddy currents. They are produced using OFE Alloy-101.
- CCI™ filters have the unique ability to reduce component-generated power line noise without inhibiting DTCD™ (dynamic transient current delivery). This unique filter element prevents power line noise from one component contaminating the other adjacent electronic components. Shunyata Research’s CCI™ filter modules consist of proprietary multi-stage filters that reduce power supply-generated noise without the use of heavy transformers, coils or large capacitors.
- Many audiophile grade connectors are made from brass or bronze. While some may get a plating of silver, gold or rhodium, the majority of the current is carried by the contact’s base-metal. CopperCONN® connectors contain pure copper contacts which has a much higher conductivity that brass. The difference in performance is clearly audible.
- KPIP™ (Kinetic Phase Inversion Process) was developed by Caelin Gabriel after years of research into the underlying causes of various effects such as burn-in, wire directionality and the effects of cryogentic treatment. He discovered that there was an underlying core principle that burn-in and cryogenics only “partially” addressed. Once the governing principle was understood it became possible to create a processing technique and machine that could virtually eliminate the need for burn-in and cryogenic treatment.