The Sigma NR power cord is the ultimate expression of Shunyata Research’s Noise Reduction series. Six gauge VTX™ (hollow-core) conductors equip it to handle the highest-powered amplifiers and yet it is surprising flexible for such a large diameter cable. CopperCONN®, pure copper connectors, are the best in the business. KPIP™ eliminates burn-in issues.
The Sigma NR power cord builds upon the worldwide success of its predecessors with massive 6-gauge (VTX™) hollow-core conductors and Shunyata’s own CopperCONN®, solid copper connectors. The Sigma NR’s meticulous design and vanishingly low-resistance to peak current ( delivers unparalleled performance when used with even the most current-hungry amplifiers. It’s built-in wide-bandwidth noise filtration system reduces power-line and component generated power supply noise, making it an ideal choice for source components, power amplifiers and digital systems. Shunyata’s Sigma NR power cord’s advanced materials and standard-setting technology raise the performance bar for others to follow. )
- Shunyata Research uses only the highest purity of copper available for the production of its wire products. OFE Alloy 101 or C10100 is the highest grade of copper with a minimum 99.99% purity and a conductivity rating of 101% IACS. OFE stands for oxygen-free electrolytic and supersedes the term OFHC (oxygen-free high conductivity). C10100 is the only grade of copper that comes with a written certification of purity. Certified by ASTM F68 C10100.
- Shunyata Research's exclusive VTX™ conductors are made in the shape of virtual tubes. The core of the conductor is completely hollow minimizing skin effects and random eddy currents. They are produced using OFE Alloy-101.
- KPIP™ (Kinetic Phase Inversion Process) was developed by Caelin Gabriel after years of research into the underlying causes of various effects such as burn-in, wire directionality and the effects of cryogentic treatment. He discovered that there was an underlying core principle that burn-in and cryogenics only “partially” addressed. Once the governing principle was understood it became possible to create a processing technique and machine that could virtually eliminate the need for burn-in and cryogenic treatment.
- CCI™ filters have the unique ability to reduce component-generated power line noise without inhibiting DTCD™ (dynamic transient current delivery). This unique filter element prevents power line noise from one component contaminating the other adjacent electronic components. Shunyata Research’s CCI™ filter modules consist of proprietary multi-stage filters that reduce power supply-generated noise without the use of heavy transformers, coils or large capacitors.
- Many audiophile grade connectors are made from brass or bronze. While some may get a plating of silver, gold or rhodium, the majority of the current is carried by the contact’s base-metal. CopperCONN® connectors contain pure copper contacts which has a much higher conductivity that brass. The difference in performance is clearly audible.
OFE 6 gauge, VTX™ geometry.
Connectors: C15, C19; Plugs: AU