Shunyata Research's original VENOM-3 power cord became an industry legend due to its incredible performance and low price. Shunyata Research's VENOM HC represents the finest performer in designer Caelin Gabriel's series of reasonably priced power cords.
The VENOM HC was designed using Shunyata’s exclusive DTCD™ measurement analysis. The VENOM HC is similar in appearance and construction to the VENOM-3, however new custom molded connectors were designed to accommodate the significantly larger conductors. The massive molded AC connectors showcase the internal termination quality and heavy gauge solid brass contacts. The outline of the VENOM HC’s massive, spiraling OFC conductors can be seen under the extremely flexible dark blue outer jacket.
If your system demands require a high-current power cable, there is no better value in high-performance audio than the VENOM HC!
The Venom HC is fitted with a NZ/AU plug.
Pure OFC Copper Conductors
– Oxygen free copper
– Large 10 Gauge Conductors
Shunyata Designed Molded Connectors
– Solid Brass Contacts (not folded metal)
– Nickel Plating for Corrosion Protection
– Superior Contact Grip
– Crimped and soldered connections
– Designed using the Shunyata Research DTCD™ Analyzer
– Ensures maximum instantaneous current capacity
– Continuity and Polarity Tests – by two technicians
– HiPOT Tests for each cable
– Cable spools tested for insulation breakdown @ 4,000 VAC
– 1.75M COLOR
– Dark blue w/ white stripe
– 0.56 inches (14.2mm) ELECTRICAL CONDUCTORS
– 10 Gauge
– OFC oxygen free copper
– IEC C15 Molded
– IEC C19 Molded
– Max Voltage (US): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
– Max Voltage (Asia): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
– Max Voltage (Euro): 240VAC (connector dependent)
– Maximum Instantaneous Voltage: 1250 VAC
– Max continuous current: 20 Amps (connector dependent)
– Max instantaneous current: >200 Amps (800ms) ELECTRICAL TESTS
– Polarity and continuity tests x2 (each cable tested)
– HiPOT Test: 2,000 VAC @ 5s (each cable tested)
– Insulation Breakdown Test: >4,000 VAC @ 2 minutes