Wireless Streaming Speaker System.
SONOS PLAY:5 is the original, bigger room, all-in-one Sonos player that’s a powerhouse of sound. With five integrated speakers and five digital amps, PLAY:5 streams all the music on earth wirelessly in any room. Control with free apps for your Android™ smartphone, iPhone® or iPad®.
- Stream from your own music collection or services like Spotify
- Wireless, easy to set up music player
- Play alone, or link to other Sonos music players in your home
- Control everything from your smartphone or tablet
Crystal-clear, room-filling sound
The PLAY:5 is a high-performance wireless music system with 2 tweeters, 2 mid-range drivers and 1 subwoofer driver for bass you can feel. Each speaker is powered by a dedicated digital amplifier (5 in all) and optimized to deliver accurate tonal balance and deep bass. The PLAY:5’s all digital sound architecture provides precise sound reproduction, just as the artist intended. And all filter settings, active equalization and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry, so there’s absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
Convenient, all-in-one solution
The PLAY:5 is a complete wireless music system that works wherever you want music. No need to connect to speakers or audio equipment. Just plug it in and enjoy. Want music in another room? Simply add more PLAY:5s to your house without adding wires. And when the party moves outside or to another room, just pick up the PLAY:5 with the convenient, built-in handle and take the music with you.
Instant access to endless music
Sonos liberates the music on the Internet, your computer and more, so you can wirelessly play it all over the home. Wherever there’s an PLAY:5 (or any other ZonePlayer), you can tune in to 100,000 Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts and stream millions of songs and stations from the most popular online music services. Plus, you can play your entire personal music library, like iTunes®, in any or every room. You can even connect to your favorite audio source, such as an Apple AirPort Express®, CD player or TV and listen on all the ZonePlayers throughout your home.
Control it all with your favorite mobile devices…and more
Wirelessly control all your music and all your ZonePlayers with your choice of Sonos Controllers. Got an Android™ smartphone, iPhone®, iPod touch®, or iPad™? Then, simply download one of the free Sonos Controller apps and take control with the mobile device you already have and love. Want a dedicated Controller that everyone in the home can use? Grab the touch screen SONOS CONTROL and pick a room, find a song and touch play. Got a desktop or laptop? Then use the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC for added control. They all work together seamlessly so mix and match to your heart’s content.
Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music
The PLAY:5 brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our wireless mesh network technology, provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the right time.
Simple setup and expansion
Setting up your PLAY:5 is incredibly easy — simply plug it in. No technical or wiring expertise required. No speakers or audio equipment to connect. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One ZonePlayer or BRIDGE in your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly. Add more PLAY:5s in more rooms without wires.
New features and music services with automatic updates
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the PLAY:5 and the entire Sonos system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software updates you’ll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Just register your system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Amplifier: Five Class-D digital amplifiers HEADPHONE Auto-detecting 3.5 mm headphone connection. The PLAY:5’s integrated speakers mute when headphones are inserted.
- Audio Line-in: Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
- Speakers: Five driver speaker system – two tweeters, two 3” mid-range drivers, and one 3.5” woofer. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- Stereo Pair Setting: Allows you to group two PLAY:5s in the same room with one PLAY:5 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- Music Services Supported :Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Cloud Player, AUPEO!, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Slacker® Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Wireless Connectivity: SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- Network Bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 217 x 365 x 123 mm
- Weight: 4.15 kg