Bring entertainment to life with 4K HDR picture quality in any living space. The VPL-VW290ES lets you take full advantage of the latest content with impressive sharpness and vivid colour, whether you’re watching sports, enjoying movies, or playing games.
The VPL-VW290ES produces true 4K resolution images with our native 4K (4096 x 2160) SXRD panels – that’s over four times the quality of Full HD.
Designed for your home cinema room and living room, the VPL-VW290ES delivers stunning, detail-packed images and incredibly lifelike colour like never before. And with 1,500 lm brightness, you’re guaranteed an exceptional picture.
X1 for projector - Our X1™ for projector technology takes our acclaimed BRAVIA TV video processing technology and optimises it for projection. The processor combines innovative technologies for high-precision frame analysis, with features like Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Super Resolution for high-quality images.
See richer, deeper blacks - Latest SXRD 4K panels deliver even better contrast, as well as native 4K resolution. SXRD projection offers rich, inky blacks, as well as clear cinematic motion and image smoothness. Improvements to the panel's reflective silicon layer now mean even better light control, for precisely reproduced shadows and blacks.
4K Motionflow -Our Motionflow technology adds frames to reduce blur while maintaining brightness, creating smooth and clear motion even in 4K – ideal for sport.
Colours come alive with TRILUMINOS™ - Discover true-to life colours and tones. The VPL-VW270ES incorporates TRILUMINOS colour, reproducing more tones and textures than standard projectors. Hard-to-reproduce crimson reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with faithfully reproduced skin tones.
Dynamic HDR Enhancer - Our Dynamic HDR Enhancer processes HDR content frame by frame to deliver stunning contrast, which makes bright scenes brighter and dark scenes darker, for the ultimate HDR experience.
4K Motionflow™ - The powerful video processor in the VPL-VW270ES offers Motionflow™ for smooth and clear motion even when viewing 4K content. Motionflow adds frames to reduce blur, while maintaining brightness, making it ideal for fast-moving sports content. Cinema purists can choose True Theatre mode to retain the original 24fps.
1,500 lumens for high brightness - Enjoy the action with up to 1,500 lumens brightness, generated by a 225W lamp, for vibrant images on screens.
Watch for longer with a 225W ultra high pressure lamp - Enjoy up to 6000 hours* of viewing time (in low mode) from a long-lasting lamp. This means fewer lamp swaps, simpler maintenance, and lower running costs.
*Approximate recommended period, in low mode.
Motorised zoom lens and wide lens shift - Installing this projector in your room is easy with a 2.06x motorised zoom with a wide lens shift range. Adjust the position of the projector up to 85% vertically and 31% horizontally to get just the right angle for your movies.
Select from nine calibrated picture modes - Quickly set the picture to what you’re watching or playing. Select from nine calibrated picture modes, including two theatre film modes, cinema digital, reference, TV, photo, game, bright cinema, and bright TV. An advanced HSV (Hue Saturation Value) colour tuning tool gives you even more control.
Front-facing fan - As the fan is positioned at the front of the projector, you don’t need to worry about wall space and clearance for air inhale/exhaust during installation. This helps maximise throw distance for bigger projected images.
• Display System: 4K SXRD panel, projection system
• Display device:
- Size of effective display area: 0.74” x 3
- Number of pixels: 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
• Projection lens:
- Focus: Powered
- Zoom: Powered Approx. x2.06
- Lens shift: Powered, Vertical: +85% -80% , Horizontal: +/-31%
• Light source: High-pressure mercury lamp, 225 W type
• Recommended lamp replacement time: 6,000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
• Screen size: 60” to 300” (1,524 mm to 7,620 mm)
• Light output: 1,500 lm (Lamp mode: High)
• Colour light output: 1,500 lm (Lamp mode: High)
• Display resolution
- Accepted digital signals: 720x576/50p, 720x480/60p, 1280x720/50p, 1280x720/60p, 1920x1080/50i, 1920x1080/60i, 1920x1080/24p, 1920x1080/50p, 1920x1080/60p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840x2160/50p, 3840x2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096x2160/50p, 4096x2160/60p,
• HDMI: x2
• Trigger: Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
• Remote: RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (male)
• LAN: RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX
• IR IN: Mini Jack
• USB: DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
• Acoustic noise: 26 dB
• Operating temperature / Operating humidity: 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F) / 35% to 85% (no condensation)
• Storage temperature / Storage humidity: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F) / 10% to 90% (no condensation)
• Power requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.0 A to 1.7 A, 50/60Hz
• Power consumption: 390 W
• Standby: 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off")
• Networked Standby: 1.0W (LAN) (when "Remote Start" is set to "On")
- When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W)
• Standby Mode / Networked Standby Mode Activated: After about 10 Minutes
• Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions): 496 x 205 x 464 mm
• Mass: Approx. 14 kg
It’s easy to forget how good Sony’s native 4K projectors are, but the VPL-VW290ES is a great reminder of why it’s worth paying a premium over the pixel-shifting machines. It may not represent a huge improvement on its predecessor, but with a projector this affordable, its limitations are easy to overlook. more...