An ideal choice to fit in your home cinema room, the VPL-VW870ES brings movies to life with extraordinary cinematic detail, colour and contrast. This compact size home projector combines an advanced laser light source with the same Sony 4K SXRD panel technology that’s found in our professional cinema projectors.
Crisply detailed native 4K images (4096 x 2160) offer four times the resolution of Full HD, pulling you right into the heart of the action with unprecedented clarity. An ARC-F lens is mounted on the VPL-VW870ES, expressing precise details in every corner of the screen.
You’ll experience fabulously rich cinematic colours, smooth motion and spectacular contrast. Savour the action with 2200 lumens brightness and see vibrant images.
You’re fully prepared with compatibility for the latest 4K standards, including High Frame Rates and HDR (High Dynamic Range) - so you’ll get the very best out of today’s content, and tomorrow’s.
Give us a call if you would like to arrange a demo.
The VPL-VW870ES uses an ultra-pure and reliable Z-Phosphor™ laser light source. This Sony developed light source offers bright images for up to 20,000 hours of uninterrupted operation - no lamp replacement, and virtually zero maintenance.
Featured in Sony's digital cinema projectors, advanced SXRD (Silicon X-tal Reflective Display) panel technology delivers native 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution images, with more than four times the detail of Full HD. Fine details are wonderfully clear and natural, without jagged edges or visible pixels.
Latest SXRD 4K panels deliver even better contrast, as well as native 4K resolution. SXRD projection offers rich, inky blacks, as well as clear cinematic motion and image smoothness. Improvements to the panel's reflective silicon layer now mean even better light control, for precisely reproduced shadows and blacks.
In addition to the dynamically-controlled laser light output, an Advanced Iris is also incorporated. Both the iris control and laser can be adjusted independently, and dynamically, to optimise light output for both dark and bright well-lit scenes. The result is deeper blacks than ever, as well as bright, vibrant colours where needed. The infinite dynamic contrast makes every scene spring to life with detail and realism.
For pristine image quality across the entire screen, the VPL-VW870ES features an All-Range Crisp Focus (ARC-F) lens. This large-aperture lens adopts an all-glass design for its 18 elements, including six extra low-dispersion (ELD) elements. This ensures optimal convergence of the red, green and blue primaries even at the extreme edges of the image for a clear and vivid image wherever you look.
Optimum focus is achieved, not only optically but digitally, by the Digital Focus Optimiser. It compensates the possible optical degradation of the lens in advance then outputs the optimum corrected images, so that even the focus in the corners is better than ever.
Exclusive Reality Creation technology analyses images right down to the pixel level. It uses powerful pattern-matching algorithms developed over years of movie production to enhance image crispness without increasing digital picture noise. It also upscales existing full HD Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD movies to near 4K quality.
Get the most from today's UHD Blu-ray and streaming services with High Dynamic Range. HDR video offers an expanded brightness range that delivers more realistic, high-contrast images and brilliant colours.
Sony’s home cinema projectors reproduce colour and contrast that's faithful to the creator's intention.
With an increase in 4K HDR 60P content, the VPL -VW870ES is now HDMI 18 Gbps compatible for smoother expressions of gradations.
The powerful video processor in the VPL-VW870ES offers Motionflow™ for smooth and clear motion, even when viewing 4K content. Motionflow adds frames to reduce blur, while maintaining brightness, making it ideal for fast-moving sports content. Cinema purists can choose True Theatre mode to retain the original 24fps.
Enjoy the action with up to 2,200 lumens brightness from the laser light source, for vibrant images on screens.
Store lens, zoom, and shift settings for up to five screen formats for easy recall. Picture Position Memory remembers key settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 16:9 and Cinemascope, and store these settings in the projector.
Quickly set the picture to what you’re watching or playing. Select from nine calibrated picture modes, including two theatre film modes, cinema digital, reference, TV, photo, game, bright cinema, and bright TV. An advanced HSV (Hue Saturation Value) colour tuning tool gives you even more control.
• Display System: 4K SXRD panel, projection system
• Display device:
- Size of effective display area: 0.74” x 3
- Number of pixels: 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
• Projection lens:
- Focus: Powered
- Zoom: Powered
- Lens shift: VPLL-Z7013 (Bundled): Powered V ± 80%, H ± 31%
VPLL-Z7008 (Optional): Powered V ± 50%, H ± 18%
- Throw ratio: VPLL-Z7013 (Bundled): 1.35 : 1 to 2.90 : 1
VPLL-Z7008 (Optional): 0.85 : 1 to 1.06 : 1
• Light source: Laser diode
• Light output: 2,200 lm
• Colour light output: 2,200 lm
• Dynamic contrast: ∞:1
• Displayable scanning frequency:
- Horizontal: 19 kHz to 72 kHz
- Vertical: 48 Hz to 92 Hz
• Display resolution:
- Computer signal input: Maximum display resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI Input only)
- Video signal input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60 i, 1080/50 i, 1080/60p,1080/50p, 1080/24p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p, 3840 x 2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p, 4096 x 2160/60p
- 3D capability: Yes
- 3D emitter: Built-in RF emitter
- 3D glasses: TDG-BT500A (Optional)
• OSD language: 18-languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic)
• HDMI1 / HDMI2: Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr)
• Trigger1 / Trigger2: Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
• Remote: RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (male)
• LAN: RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX
• IR IN: Mini Jack
• USB: DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
• Acoustic noise: 24 dB
• Operating temperature / humidity: 5°C to 35°C / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
• Storage temperature / humidity: -10°C to +60°C / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
• Power requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.9 A to 2.2 A, 50/60Hz
• Power consumption: 490 W
• Standby: 0.4 W (when “Remote Start” is set to “Off”)
• Networked Standby: 1.0W (LAN) (when "Remote Start" is set to "On")
- When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W).
• Standby Mode / Networked Standby Mode Activated: After about 10 Minutes
• Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions): 560 x 223 x 496 mm
• Mass: Approx. 22 kg