The first SR-Lambda series was introduced 36 years ago and it has further developed into a new-generation SR-Lambda with its newly designed enclosure - the new SR-L700 advanced-Lambda series Earspeaker.
TOP QUALITY SOUND ELEMENT
The SR-009 hand selected thin-film diaphragm as well as fixed electrodes machined through three-layer stainless etching using heat diffusion has been employed for the SR-L700 sound element. Thus, rich deep bass response, delicate high frequency and soothing mid-range has been achieved in a balanced sound.
10-CLICK TYPE HEADBAND ASSEMBLY
The headband (ARC) assembly of the SR-L700 is equipped with 10-click slider mechanism for head pad height adjustment adopted from SR-009. Once adjusted, the slider always maintains its optimal position to make readjustment unnecessary. This enables you to enjoy hours of pleasant music listening with utmost comfort.
LOW CAPACITANCE WIDE HYBRID CABLE
6NCu high purity 99.99999% copper wires are employed for the core wires, and six silver plated high purity 99.9999% copper wires are arranged for the perimeter. The whole cable uses the conventional wide format parallel structure to lower the capacitance between each wires and finished with the most suitable structure to drive the earspeaker.
NEW GENUINE LAMB LEATHER EARPADS:
New earpad design is carefully hand crafted with genuine lamb leather for utmost comfort for hours of music enjoyment as well as sound performance. "freshness of sound" and "the grace of sound."
"Audiophiles who want to experience the company’s latest technology, the new SR-L700 is simply the most cost-effective way to arrive at a new level of uncolored Stax sound." - Steven Stone, The Absolute Sound Full review here
- Type: push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
- Frequency response: 7 – 41,000Hz
- Electrostatic capacitance: 110pF (including attached cable)
- Impedance: 145kΩ (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound pressure sensitivity: 101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Maximum sound pressure level: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias voltage: 580V DC
- Ear pad: real sheep’s leather (skin-touching portion), high-class artificial leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable: parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide cable
- Cable conductor: 6N (99.9999%) annealed OFC with silver coating
- Weight : 496g (including attached cable), 360g (without cable)