High performance wall mountable speakers - Ex-demo special (Pair)
The THIEL ViewPoint is a 2-way Coherent Source loudspeaker designed for use with flat panel, wall-mounted video displays.
The Leader in Style and Performance
"I am inspired to abandon my career, buy some ViewPoints and a plasma TV, retire to the sticks, and watch DVDs all day," says Brent Butterwworth in his Home Entertainment & Design review of the Viewpoints. "Movie soundtracks and music videos alike reveal new subtlety and emotion.
"Most high-end audio designers come grudgingly into the world of custom-installed audiovisual systems," says Brent. "...Not Jim Thiel. He embraced the custom-installation trend years ago, creating unique speakers that deliver unbelievable performance even though they mount in the wall or on a ceiling."
The ViewPoint’s combination of coaxial/coplanar driver mounting and 90 degree radiation pattern enables the sound to cover the room far more completely than normal, more directional surface-mount or in-wall speakers. By utilizing the patent-pending combination of mounting the woofer very close and angled to the wall surface, the ViewPoint eliminates the wall-reflection cancellation that mars the sonic performance of virtually every other surface-mounted speaker, therefore providing a greater degree of tonal fidelity, accuracy, and more natural spaciousness.
The ViewPoint uses very low distortion, short coil/long gap, high output, metal diaphragm 6.5-inch woofers that are coaxially mounted with a new 1-inch, high output, low distortion metal dome tweeter, the same tweeter used in the flagship CS7.2. The coaxial driver mounting delivers more realistic sound because the sounds from the individual drivers reach your ear at the same time, regardless of speaker placement or listening position. As with all THIEL loudspeakers, the new models utilize a synthesized first-order crossover system to eliminate phase distortion.
- High performance sound for wall-mounted video displays.
- Custom-built, paintable aluminum cabinet to visually integrate with any brand of display
- Completely time and phase coherent for greater realism
- Ultra-low distortion short-coil, long gap, copper-stabilized driver motor systems
- All-aluminum enclosure reduces unwanted vibration for outstanding clarity and spatial performance
- Coaxial/coplanar driver mounting and 90 degree radiation pattern enables the sound to cover the room far more completely
- Provides great realism for both music and movies
"...stunningly beautiful sound... Now it's possible to have both superb aesthetics and superb sound in a room where a full surround system isn't an option." -Randy Tomlinson, The Perfect Vision magazine
One pair only in black 610mm high to match. Ex-Demo speakers in good condition.
- Bandwidth (-3 dB): 60 Hz-20 kHz
- Amplitude Response:60 Hz-20 kHz +, -3 dB
- Phase Response: Minimum +, -10 degrees
- Sensitivity: 88 dB@2.8 V-1m
- Impedance: 4 ohms (3.0 ohms min.)
- Recommended Power: 50-400 watts
- Size: 203mm W x 127mm D x 610mm H
- Weight: 8kg