The VPI Player is the first all in one high-end entry level turntable. Complete with a headphone amplifier, phonostage, and pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge on a 9 inch Gimballed / Yoke bearing tonearm, it is the perfect solution to enjoying your records!
It also has standard RCA connections providing the ability to connect to a standard amplifier and desktop/floor standing speakers. The Player turntable is a precision instrument that has been thoroughly tested to create the musical experience you're looking for! It is also now available in two finishes: Hard Rock Maple and Mocha Walnut.
*Note: Available at Soundline Christchurch only.
• Inbuilt headphone amp with volume control
• Defeatable MM phono stage
• Heavy aluminium platter
• Non resonant MDF plinth
• Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
• The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
• JMW-9 Tonearm & Base - Improves tracking and dynamics with a new tonearm & base.
• Signature Centerweight- Great for use with slightly warped records and improve the focus.
• Analog Drive System (ADS) - Improves accuracy and speed adjustment.
• Type Belt drive
• 31mm thick textured vinyl covered non-resonant MDF chassis.
• Footprint: 406mm x 279mm
• Overall Size: 482mm x 355mm x 152mm (WxDxH)
• Weight: 12.9 lbs. (5.9 kg)
• Aluminum Platter
• Diameter 11.81” (30.0 cm)
Tonearm & Base Specifications
• New 9” vertical Yoke type Player Tonearm with lateral turntable type bearing.
• Pivot to spindle: 223mm
• Effective length: 240.7mm
• Overhang: 17.7mm
• Offset angle: 22.85 degrees
• Average RMS distortion: .36%
• VTA adjustable arm mount.
• Damped stainless steel armtube.
• Motor: 24v synchronous AC motor
• Turntable Speeds: 33.3 RPM and 45 RPM
• Wow and Flutter: .1% WRMS (in accordance with DIN specification)
• Power Consumption: 7.7 watts at full output
• Very pure copper wire, twisted with special insulating jacket.