MQA Decoding Sooloos Endpoint
Designed for use in in-room or in-rack, the 218 Zone Controller contains the functionality needed to create a Hi-Res audio zone. Accommodating both local and distributed audio, whether analogue or digital, the Meridian 218 is also an endpoint for the award-winning Sooloos music management platform.
With both digital and analogue inputs and outputs, the MQA–enabled Meridian 218 is suitable for a wide range of distributed audio applications from single zone to multi-zone use. Control features including IP and IR, allow this versatile 1U tall product to be easily partnered with any of Meridian’s power amplifiers or DSP loudspeakers.
- Endpoint for the award-winning Sooloos music management platform for a user-friendly Hi-Res audio experience.
- Featuring a built-in MQA decoder, the Meridian 218 fully supports Master Quality Authenticated encoded music playback, guaranteeing a studio master quality experience.
- Housed in a half width, 1u tall enclosure and available with an optional rack mount kit, the 218 has multiple installation applications.
- IP Control allows for seamless integration and flexibility within the home. Also includes both digital and analogue inputs and outputs.
A significant number of control options are provided on the Meridian 218 Zone Controller, including IP control, Meridian Sooloos Control, IR and Digital Active Loudspeaker control. In addition, the unit’s front panel features multiple LEDs to indicate source selection, including one that signals MQA playback. Configuration via web browser is also available.
Video processing typically delays the picture. As sound travels slower than light, the effect of the sound arriving before the picture is highly noticeable. For installations where the audio and video are separated before video processing, the Meridian 218 has adjustable audio delay to realign the audio with the video.
Clock variations, known as jitter, are one the main causes of unpleasant “glare” in digital audio systems. The Meridian 218 solves this problem with a proprietary jitter reduction technique using a FIFO (first-in first-out) buffer that allows an independent output clock to deliver clock performance that does not rely upon on the incoming signal quality.
DSP UPSAMPLING AND APODISING FILTERS
Almost all audio has been digitally processed, even if it arrives at the Meridian 218 in analogue form. Upsampling allows the Meridian 218’s DACs to run at a higher sample rate and achieve their full potential. Upsampling also provides the opportunity to apply apodising correction to ameliorate time-domain errors that have been introduced to the signal by the ADCs or other upstream processing.
Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that delivers master quality audio in a file that’s small enough to stream or download.
The Media Source 200 is exceptionally easy to use, and can be operated from the touchscreen of the Control 15, wirelessly from the free iPad or iPhone app, or any other available system controller.
• 2 Speakerlink digital outputs
• Single RCA digital output
• 2-Channel unbalanced analogue output (192kHz DAC)
• One 2-channel digital coaxial S/PDIF input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel Meridian Speakerlink input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel digital optical TOSLINK input. 44.1kHz to 96kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel analogue input
• One network input (Ethernet) for connection to Meridian Sooloos or alternative control interface (i.e. Roon)
• IP Control
• IR on 3.5mm jack
• LEDs to indicate source selection and MQA status
• Advanced linear power supply:| 220-240V ac 50/60Hz
• HEIGHT: 42mm
• WIDTH: 204mm
• DEPTH: 150mm
• WEIGHT: Standalone: 0.56Kg
• 1U tall rack kit available with space for two units
• All-aluminium chassis