Monitor Audio’s decades of experience in producing groundbreaking, class-leading loudspeakers has resulted in this, the latest Gold Series. Uncompromised in concept, construction and sound, the new Gold Series has been designed to deliver performance to savour for a lifetime.
Monitor Audio loudspeakers are admired and acclaimed for their peerless combination of aesthetic beauty, flawless construction and exquisite sound. Each of the six models in the new Gold Series has been painstakingly designed and meticulously constructed by a team of dedicated engineers and craftsmen – every audiophile will be transfixed by the results of our desire and passion to produce the best loudspeakers money can buy.
If the best possible sound from a beautiful loudspeaker is your desire, our pedigree is incomparable. The new Gold Series is here.
Monitor Audio has taken technology from its acclaimed flagship range of Platinum II Series loudspeakers and adapted it to make the new Gold Series an immediate class-leader. The high-achieving Platinum II driver has been painstakingly developed and honed to make truly high-end audiophile levels of performance more affordable than ever before.
This remarkable level of audio fidelity is matched by the craftsmanship and engineering excellence of each Gold Series cabinet. From the clean good looks of the front baffle (Monitor Audio’s renowned single-bolt construction technology is to thank for this smooth appearance) to the delightfully tactile gold-plated speaker terminals at the back, every Gold Series speaker looks and feels as exquisite as it sounds.
Monitor Audio has brought just as much expertise to bear inside the cabinet as we have to the outside. A solute rigidity, judicious damping and rigorous attention to the details of cabinet bracing means each speaker’s cabinet disappears leaving just the intended radiated sound from the transducers. The Gold Series resists standing sound waves and unwanted resonances like never before.
This combination of world-class engineering and groundbreaking technology has resulted in a six-strong range of loudspeakers superlative in their versatility and performance.
To see, feel and hear Gold Series is to understand our passion, and to enjoy an undiluted audiophile experience.
The Gold 100 speaker has been carefully designed so that it can be placed in smaller rooms. The class-leading driver technology from our flagship Platinum II series and the beautiful cabinet construction ensures a premium sound and appearance wherever it is positioned.
So well realised is the Gold 100, it’s the only stand mounting speaker of the series. The combination of 6½" (165 mm) C-CAM mid/bass driver, MPD high-frequency transducer and rear-facing HiVe II port in a compact, elegant cabinet makes this two-way loudspeaker sound far bigger than it is – it’s composed, adaptable and capable of greater bass presence than seems feasible.
Above all, it’s an accurate and informative listen, able to bring the best from its partnering electronics and the music you’re listening to. Small, in this instance, is remarkably beautiful.
"Monitor Audio’s new Gold 100 standmounter is history repeating itself, déjà vu all over again. The company is simply continuing its successful formula of making superbly finished small speakers that are refined beyond their price point." - Stereonet (2019). Full review here.
• Two-way, rear-ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
• MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
• 6 ½" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:
• RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well-damped
• DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
• Soft-touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
• Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
• Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 40Hz - 50kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 86 dB
Maximum SPL: 110 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 120 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 60 - 120 W
Cabinet Design: Bass reflex. HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 6 ½ " RDT II long-throw bass driver, 1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
External Dimensions: 360 x 195 x 330.6 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 9.12 Kg