Monitor Audio’s decades of experience in producing groundbreaking, class-leading loudspeakers has resulted in this, the latest Gold Series. Uncompromised in concept, construction and sound, the new Gold Series has been designed to deliver performance to savour for a lifetime.
Monitor Audio loudspeakers are admired and acclaimed for their peerless combination of aesthetic beauty, flawless construction and exquisite sound. Each of the six models in the new Gold Series has been painstakingly designed and meticulously constructed by a team of dedicated engineers and craftsmen – every audiophile will be transfixed by the results of our desire and passion to produce the best loudspeakers money can buy.
If the best possible sound from a beautiful loudspeaker is your desire, our pedigree is incomparable. The new Gold Series is here.
Monitor Audio has taken technology from its acclaimed flagship range of Platinum II Series loudspeakers and adapted it to make the new Gold Series an immediate class-leader. The high-achieving Platinum II driver has been painstakingly developed and honed to make truly high-end audiophile levels of performance more affordable than ever before.
This remarkable level of audio fidelity is matched by the craftsmanship and engineering excellence of each Gold Series cabinet. From the clean good looks of the front baffle (Monitor Audio’s renowned single-bolt construction technology is to thank for this smooth appearance) to the delightfully tactile gold-plated speaker terminals at the back, every Gold Series speaker looks and feels as exquisite as it sounds.
Monitor Audio has brought just as much expertise to bear inside the cabinet as we have to the outside. A solute rigidity, judicious damping and rigorous attention to the details of cabinet bracing means each speaker’s cabinet disappears leaving just the intended radiated sound from the transducers. The Gold Series resists standing sound waves and unwanted resonances like never before.
This combination of world-class engineering and groundbreaking technology has resulted in a six-strong range of loudspeakers superlative in their versatility and performance.
To see, feel and hear Gold Series is to understand our passion, and to enjoy an undiluted audiophile experience.
The Gold C250 has been created to bring every movie soundtrack to life and to give a powerful yet detailed performance. A truly immersive experience is guaranteed, and the speaker’s discreet form ensures it will look good in any room.
The centre speaker does the majority of the heavy lifting in any home cinema system – but that doesn’t mean a centre speaker must look like a heavyweight. Thanks to the compact dimensions of the 2½" (64 mm) C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, and the 6½" (165 mm) RDT II bass drivers either side, Gold C250 is a three-way design without the big footprint you might expect.
Its wide dispersion characteristics make it a wide-screen listen, and it’s adaptable enough to sit happily between any of the speakers in the Gold Series.
• Sealed cabinet configuration for in-cabinet or close to wall placement
• MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
• Dual 6 ½" bespoke bass drivers, featuring:
• RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well-damped
• DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
• Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
• Soft-touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
• Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
• Custom-made, high-quality gold plated bi-wire terminals
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 40Hz - 50kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 88 dB
Maximum SPL: 111 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 200 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 80 - 200 W
Cabinet Design: Sealed cabinet
Crossover Frequency: L.F/M.F 1.2 kHz, M.F/H.F 4.0kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 6 ½" RDT II long-throw bass driver, 1 x 2 ½" C-CAM midrange driver, 1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
External Dimensions: 205 x 537 x 331 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 14.50 Kg