The Nagaoka MP-300 phonograph cartridge offers sophistication, refinement and high-definition at all audible frequencies thus making it one of our favorite phonograph cartridges. It is nimble on the grooves and easy on the ears so you keep on wanting to listen. The Nagaoka MP300 is an advanced technology cartridge that is destined to become a classic out of the box.
"...I thought this cartridge combines elements of the Ortofon 2M Bronze’s detail retrieval and excellent transient response with the BPS’s warmth and overall relaxed presentation.
It produced greater detail resolution and finer images on a wider, deeper better-defined soundstage than did the Blue Point but was less dry and analytical than the 2M Bronze. Its overall balance was among the most pleasing of any of these cartridges, regardless of price." from Michael Fremer's review of 9 different phono cartridges.
-Exclusive super rigid body for ultra resonance and superb fidelity
-Superfine polished special eliptical bonded diamond stylus
-Powerfull samarium cobalt magnet
-Hardened low-mass, high strength boron cantilever
-Carbon fibre reinforced plastic shoe
-Anti ferro magnetic permalloy shield casing
- Type: Moving magnet
- Cantilever: High-strength boron
- Stylus type: Superfine polished elliptical bonded diamond
- Weight: 8 g
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 3mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-25kHz
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: > 1dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 25dB
- Recommended loading: 47k ohms
- Dynamic compliance: 7.2 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Static compliance: 20 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking force range: 1.3 - 1.8 g
- Break-in period: 30 hours
- Stylus replacement: Nagaoka JN-P300