The SR-003MK2 is a 5-pin PRO bias type in-the-ear earspeaker, and can be used by connecting to a driver unit having 5-pin PRO bias output socket. The redesigned ear canal type structure of the SR-003 enables you to enjoy excellent electrostatic sound quality without covering your ears. The SR-003MK2 connects to STAX driver units or adapters equipped with 5-pin type PRO bias output.
Japanese manufacturer STAX have been developing headphones since 1938 and electrostatic headphones since 1959. Utilising electrostatic technology in their ‘earspeakers’ that are widely regarded as the best headphones available today, STAX electrostatic earspeakers are widely used throughout the world by discerning audiophiles, professional musicians, and recording companies to enjoy and monitor sound thanks to the superb sonic quality that they offer.
An electrostatic transducer is a speaker design that employs a high polymer film of several microns thick as the diaphragm for far less mass than paper or mylar cones or metal type diaphragms. Since electrostatic elements use no magnets, they are free from magnetic hysteresis distortion that is prominent in dynamic type headphones.
• Type: push pull electrostatic, canal-type in-the-earspeaker
• Frequency response: 20 – 20 kHz (±4dB)
• Static capacity: 44pF (including attached code)
• Sound pressure sensitivity: 110dB/100V r.m.s. / 1kHz
• Bias voltage: 550V – 580V
• Ear piece: L/M/S size made of silicone rubber (M size equipped at factory shipment)
• Cable: 5-pin for STAX PRO bias, 6-core parallel, total length 1.5m
• Weight: 38g (including code), 12g (main part only)
• Dimension: 28mm (diameter)
• Overhead arc weight: 15g
The SR-003 have extreme instrument separation and clarity, and are one of the fastest Stax headphones thanks to the very thin diaphragm. more...