Satellite Speaker (Pair).
The original hi-fi mini monitor, and respected by all. Monitor Audio Radius 90 continues to evolve, delivering a greater size-defying performance than ever before. New Radius 90 incorporates a 4” (100mm) C-CAM® bass driver and 1” (25mm) C-CAM tweeter for a tuneful, controlled and powerful sound in pairs or combined as front and rear speakers in an AV system along with the 200 or 225, and the 380/ 390 subs. Use the optional MASM speaker mount or any standard wall bracket for wall mounting via the 90’s single point fixing. Optional floor stands expand the installation possibilities still further.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Single point ¼”x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 35 KHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 83 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Power Handling Single (RMS): 75 W
- System Power Handling (RMS): 100 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 30 - 100 W
- Maximum SPL (dBA): 102
- Bass Alignment: Sealed cabinet
- Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 100mm (4") C-CAM cone mid-bass driver, 1 x 25mm (3/4") C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- External Dimensions (H x W x D): 198 x 125 x 140 mm
- Weight (each): Kg 2.1