SILVER SERIES: ELEVATING PERFORMANCE TO A NEW LEVEL
Delivering the best possible sound into your life is Monitor Audio’s main aim. Whether from movies or your favourite music, with the Silver Series of technologically advanced loudspeakers you can be sure of a quality so lifelike that it takes you to the heart of the performance.
With a pedigree in British hi-fi design, Monitor Audio speakers are crafted for perfection in sound, aesthetics and build quality. Each of the nine Silver Series models has been meticulously created by engineers and craftsmen who are as passionate about music as you are. The result of over forty years of expertise in speaker development, this affordable family of sleek audio masterpieces takes performance to a new level of fidelity. Hi-fi and home theatre systems have never sounded this good.
CRAFTED FOR YOU
Technology from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II range has been incorporated to reduce distortion, providing the purest mid-range performance. The master of metal cone technology, Monitor Audio has invested in all-new drivers developed for this range. Whichever Silver Series models you find ideal for your environment, you will begin to rediscover your music and film collection as you’ve never heard it before.
A pair of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM RST bass drivers share the duties of delivering bass and mid/bass. Configured as a two-and-a-half way system both electrically and acoustically, you will be amazed at the magical sound quality that this slimline can produce in your home.
The two bass drivers operate in separate acoustic chambers within the enclosure to provide differential tuning and are divided optimally with crossovers to ensure both bass drivers contribute to the lower frequencies. This ensures only the mid-range crosses over with the tweeter and results in a consistent and precise image, on and off-axis. This configuration delivers performance approaching a three-way design whilst ensuring higher efficiency and extended low frequency, yet in a smaller cabinet.
The drive units are constructed with massive magnetic systems capable of deep bass extension. The low-frequency response has been engineered to provide smooth roll-off without exhibiting any of the usual ‘overhang’, meaning that the Silver 200 can be sited close to a wall and provide the ideal blend of domesticity and blazing performance. Diminutive for a floorstander, this model is no slouch. The Silver 200 is a serious audiophile speaker with amazing drive and incredible musicality. The engineering challenge was to create a smaller box with bigger sound; with the Silver 200, Monitor Audio achieves that goal so that you can enjoy your music and films with convincing realism.
"We’re no superstar DJ, but we could hardly have picked a better record than LCD Soundsystem’s This Is Happening to begin testing the Silver 200s. The percussive intro of Dance Yrself Clean immediately shows off just how fast these speakers are."
"The tune snaps in perfect time, with all the cleanliness implied in the title. Synthesiser stabs arrive precisely on each bar’s first beat and each component of the sparse arrangement is handled with great organisation."
"There may well be rivals that offer a little more in terms of outright detail, bass weight or even aesthetics – as we enter Awards season we’ll surely find out. But if we create a tick-list of what makes a great all-rounder, these new Silver floorstanders pass every test and have a great deal of fun while doing so." - What Hi-Fi? (2017). Full review here.
• 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter, featuring vented Neo magnet system, optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding treble
• 5 ¼" bass and 5 ¼" mid drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for optimal damping and improved mid-range clarity
• RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
• Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
• Pure-flow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain
• High-quality crossovers with premium-grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
• Bespoke, high-quality bi-wire terminals
• HiVe®II port technology
• Premium handcrafted cabinets featuring quality real wood veneer finishes in Black Oak, Walnut, and Satin White.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 38Hz - 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 89 dB
Maximum SPL: 114 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 150 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 60 - 150 W
Cabinet Design: Dual chamber bass reflex with differential tuning. Twin HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: LF: 700Hz, MF/HF: 2.9kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 5 ¼ " C-CAM RST bass driver, 1 x 5 ¼ " C-CAM RST mid driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions: 885 x 165 x 269 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 14.6 Kg