Precision Stereo Control Center
Accuphase make some of the finest equipment in the world and we can't recommend them highly enough. All of their components will deliver a marked improvement to any system and are a fantastic base to a new build or an unparalleled upgrade to an existing one. Accuphase amplifiers will deliver all the power you need with very low noise levels.
The Accuphase C-3850 now concentrates the extensive know-how and expertise gained over the years in the field of preamplifiers into a product that is destined to become the new reference for the next generation. Both in concept and circuit execution, this preamplifier stands at the very forefront of technology.
Foremost among the distinguishing features of the C-3800 is the further evolved "Balanced AAVA" concept. Two AAVA circuits are driven in a balanced configuration, resulting in ideal volume control behaviour from balanced input to balanced output. The complete path for all signals from the input connectors to the outputs is fully balanced, ensuring utmost purity and further improved electrical characteristics.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- Revolutionary "Balanced AAVA Volume Control"
- Separate power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain
- Fully modular construction with individual left/right amplifier units on motherboard
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Printed circuit boards made from glass cloth fluorocarbon resin
- Elegant cabinet with natural wood finish
- Frequency Response: BALANCED/LINE INPUT, 3 - 200,000Hz +0 -3.0 dB, 20 - 20,000Hz +0 -0.2 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (for all inputs): 0.005%
- Input Sensitivity: BALANCED 252mV, 0.5V Output 63mV. LINE 252mV, 05.V Output 63mV
- Input Impedance: BALANCED 40 kilohms. LINE 20 kilohms
- Rated Output Voltage, Output Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT 2 V 50 ohms
- S/N Ratio, Input-converted Noise (gain selector: 18 dB): BALANCED 113 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 110 dB. LINE 113 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 110 dB
- Maximum Output Level (0.005% THD, 20 - 20,000 Hz): BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 7.0 V, RECORDER REC (with AD input): 6.0 V LINE
- Maximum Input Level: BALANCED 8.0 V, LINE 6.0 V
- Minimum Load Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 600 ohms, RECORDER REC: 10 kilohms
- Gain (gain selector: 18 dB)＊Gain switchable to 12/18/24 dB: BALANCED INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, BALANCED INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB
- Loudness Compensation: 1: +2 dB (100 Hz), 2: +4 dB (100 Hz), 3: +6.5 dB (100 Hz)
- Attenuator: -20 dB
- Headphone Jack: Suitable impedance: 8 ohms or higher, Output level: 2 V (40 ohms)
- Power Requirements: 120 V/220 V/230 V AC, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 55 W
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 477 mm, Height 156 mm, Depth 412 mm
- Mass: 24.8 kg, 32.0 kg in shipping carton