8K. Laser. HDR
The DLA-NZ9 D-ILA projector is the world first theater model to feature 8K/60p/4K120p input. It is equipped with a new 8K/e-shiftX proprietary technology to reproduce 8K-quality images. The projector is driven by three native 4K D-ILA devices, high-quality 100 mm glass lens, and Ultra-High Brightness of 3,000 lumens. The BLU-Escent laser diode light source also contributes to project images that come close to reality. Compatible with the latest HDR10+, the projector boasts industry leading HDR performance. 8K,Laser, and HDR are the keywords that describe JVCs DLA-NZ9.
- Newly developed 8K/e-shiftX technology reproduces 8K image quality
- BLU-Escent Laser Light Source
- High brightness of 3,000 lm provides vibrant and dynamic images
- Native Contrast Ratio of 100,000:1 translates to a spectacular Dynamic Contrast Ratio of ∞ :1
- 2x HDMI (48 Gbps, HDCP 2.3) inputs, supporting 8K60P and 4K120P input signals
- HDR10+ contains the metadata of the producer’s intentions for each scene, and with such data, the projector is able to automatically reproduce images as the creator intended.
- Frame Adapt HDR* dynamically tone maps any HDR10 content frame-by-frame or scene-by-scene and automatically performs adjustment to achieve optimal images close to reality as seen by human eyes. As a part the Frame Adapt HDR, the projector offers improved gamma processing accuracy from 12- to 18-bit equivalent to reproduce smoother and finer gradation
- New Theater Optimizer** function, which works in Frame Adapt HDR mode, offers optimum HDR images by analyzing usage environments using the screen size and gain information and intelligently adjusts tone mapping.
- Auto Tone Mapping function automatically adjusts settings for optimum HDR10 image quality
- For easy reproduction, the projector switches automatically to HDR picture mode when HDR10 signals are received
Ultra-High Contrast Optics with 4K D-ILA device
High-resolution image projection is reliant on the device and the optical system. The refined 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA device has doubled the speed required, to display images from 120 Hz to 240 Hz-equivalent. The new Ultra-High Contrast Optics featured on the DLA-NZ9 and NZ8 contribute to achieve optical brightness as high as 3,000 lumens, and the new optics have dramatically improved the image quality by thoroughly suppressing the return of unnecessary light to the projection screen.
An Incredible Lens Goes Further, to 8K
The DLA-NX9 is equipped with a high resolution 18 element, 16 group all glass lens with full aluminium lens barrel. To ensure high resolution to every corner of the screen and ensuring a wide shift range of +/-100% vertical, +/-43% horizontal a 100mm diameter lens has been selected. Five special low dispersion lens accommodate the different refractive index of Red, Green and Blue to suppress chromatic aberration, colour bleeding etc, faithfully reproducing 8K resolution.
HDR compatibility w/Auto Tone Mapping
The DLA-NZ7B is compatible with HDR10 for content such as UHD Blu-ray and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) content adopted in broadcasting. It is also equipped with a new feature, “Auto Tone Mapping" that automatically adjusts settings based on the mastering information included in HDR content. This feature enables different HDR images to be viewed optimally for specific content.
Exceptional brightness and longevity
The light source for these projectors is the latest blue laser diode BLU-Escent, which is featured in JVC projectors. BLUEscent technology has been adopted for home theatre projectors to achieve exceptional brightness and longevity of 20,000 hours*. Laser diode allows dynamic control of brightness to reproduce images that are closer to human perception. Combining the latest BLU-Escent package with the D-ILA device achieves detailed, smooth, powerful video expression.
4K120p input ideal for Low Latency Mode
Because these projectors are equipped with 4K120p input, signal latency is infinitesimal, making it effective when displaying high frame-rate gaming content on large screens. What’s more, Low Latency Mode reduces delay in displaying PC signals and games, and improves response to the users’ rapid operations.
• Device 0.69-inch Native 4K D-ILA Device (4096x2160) x3
• Display Resolution 8192 x 4320
• Light Source: BLU-Escent Laser Diode
• Brightness 3,000 lm
• Contrast Ratio Native: 100,000:1, Dynamic: ∞:1
• Video format Digital: 480p, 576p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 3840 x 2160p 60/50/30/25/24, 4096 x 2160p 60/50/30/25/24
• PC input signal: HDMI VGA/ SVGA/ XGA/ WXGA/ WXGA+/ SXGA/ WSXGA+
• Control terminals: LAN 1 (RJ-45), RS232C 1 (D-sub 9-pin)
• Service terminal: SERVICE 1 (USB Type A) (for firmware update)
• Power requirement AC100V-240V, 50/60Hz
• Dimensions: (W x H x D) 500 x 234 x 528mm
• Weight: 25.3Kg