Moving magnet catridge
The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon's trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge.
The design has been optimized for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV.
- A tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
- Available in standard Mount, or Verso for bottom mount headshells.
"The 2M Red has nothing to be red faced about. In a hobby not noted for bargains, the Red is a screaming deal- an entry level cartridge at its finest" - The Absolute Sound (June/July 2008). Read the full review here.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 5,5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,3 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Red
- Cartridge weight: 7.2 g