The new Olympica Nova embraces the authentic values that inspired the original Olympica line while adding a substantial amount of freshly developed technology, from new drivers and crossovers, to new cabinet structure and internal volume tuning, to a new exterior look. Of the seven models in the collection, three are all-new to the Olympica Nova line, including an on-wall model, a third and more powerful floor-stander, and a larger center channel.
• Structure: The walls of the new Olympica Nova collection are made with eight layers of bended
wood, providing the cabinet with extreme rigidity. Inside the cabinet, carefully placed structural
ribs are used as reinforcement to reduce vibration and to handle the overall power of the
• Top: The original Olympica’s leather wrapped top panel gives way to a walnut or wenge wood
panel set in a solid die-cast aluminum plate.
• Reflex: The outer part of the Stealth UltraflexTM system, an extremely low-turbulence porting
system, is fabricated from a solid piece of extruded aluminum and it is inherited from Sonus Faber’s
Homage Tradition models. Inspired by sea waves, the system facilitates airflow through the duct
while controlling its speed and reducing distortion-causing turbulence.
• Supports: Completely redesigned for the line relaunch, the supports (bottom plates and stands)
are crafted from solid aluminum billets and paired with steel spikes, guaranteeing increased
strength and solidity.
• Front baffle: The front baffle is comprised of hand-finished natural wood, enhancing the entire
• Voice of Sonus faber: Genuine leather is applied to Voice of Sonus faber and around the woofers.
As per Sonus faber tradition, the leather is applied by hand in the brand’s Vicenza production
• Asymmetric shape: This specific shape allows versatile positioning of the speakers for efficient
bass response tuning in any room, while the lack of flat and parallel walls improves enclosure
performance. This is an original design concept inspired by nature, as the lines follow the flow of
a circular spiral motion, achieving a more organic cabinet structure. Not just a functional element
added to handle airflow, the reflex duct is now fully integrated into the cabinet, further improving
the speed and transparency of sound.
The new Olympica Nova collection merges tradition and innovation, featuring advanced solutions that
enhance Sonus faber’s trademark performance.
• The tweeter features the DADTM technology (Damped Apex DomeTM) on a 28mm silk dome
diaphragm and a magnetic motor system that integrates “Neodymium Cap Design”. The arch and
the ring of the DADTM system have been redesigned and obtained from a solid piece of aluminum
• The midrange and mid-woofer transducers are derived from those used in the Homage Tradition
collection with evolutionary improvements:
– The Cone: Following the traditional Sonus faber structure, air-dried, non-pressed blend of
cellulose pulp and other natural fibers Kapok, Kenaf gives the cone a slightly rough surface
of varying density, which reduces resonance, guaranteeing a natural sound with increased
transparency and detail.
– Die-Cast Aluminum Basket is designed to allow maximum rigidity and airflow, enhancing
– The Moving Coil is made with CCAW (Copper Clad Aluminum Winding), a special copper
alloy that reduces moving mass and improves dynamics and power handling
– The Phase Plug is made of aluminum with a copper ring, helping to eliminate
intermodulation distortion and enhance micro-dynamics
• The woofer features a cone that benefits from an exclusive sandwich construction technique
where two sheets of cellulose pulp encasing a hi-tech syntactic foam. This low-mass, high-rigidity
structure provides fast and powerful sound reproduction while allowing total coherence with the
• The cross-over network implements Paracross TopologyTM, making it less sensitive to radio-
frequency interference, improving transient response and lowering noise floor. The filtering topology of the entire line features new exclusive Clarity Cap capacitors, customized for Sonus
Olympica Nova collection is available in two finishes:
• WENGE matte
• WALNUT matte
Loudspeaker System: 2 way, full para-aperiodic vented box "Stealth Ultraflex", stand mount loudspeaker system.
Tweeter: H28 XTR3. Silk dome 28mm moving coil driver with DAD, with vibration optimized mechanical interface. The ultra dynamic linearity is given by the neodymium "cup design" motor system.
Midwoofer: 2 x MW15 XTR2-08 150mm cone driver. CCAW wire is used on a composite former “eddy current free” voice coil. Special custom diaphragm made with a real time air dried non pressed blend of traditional
cellulose pulp and other natural fibers, developed according to the most natural
sound. Ultra-dynamic performance and high linearity. Sonus faber design.
Crossover: Anti-resonant design, optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance. “Paracross topology”. Impedance compensation at low frequencies for a clear and friendly amplifier performance. Highest quality is used in terms of the components: Jantzen inductors and a new generation of Sonus faber capacitor designed in partnership with Clarity Cap.
Crossover Frequency: 1,550Hz.
Frequency Response: 45 - 35000 Hz
Sensitivity: 90dB SPL (2.83V/1m)
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
Suggested amplifier power output: 35 - 250W without clipping
Long-Term Max Input Voltage (IEC 268-5): 20 Vrms
Dimensiones (HxWxD): 688.6 x 616 x 397.8 mm / 27.1 x 24.2 x 15.6 in
Dimensions without Stand: 241.6 x 616 x 397.8 mm / 9.5 x 24.2 x 15.6 in
Net Weight (each): 18kg / 39.6lb
Net Weight Stand (each): 8kg / 17.6lb