The Gold 100 speaker has been carefully designed so that it can be placed in smaller rooms. The class-leading driver technology from our flagship Platinum II series and the beautiful cabinet construction ensure a premium sound and appearance wherever it is positioned.
So well realised is the Gold 100, it’s the only stand mounting speaker of the series. The combination of 6½" (165 mm) C-CAM mid/bass driver, MPD high-frequency transducer and rear-facing HiVe II port in a compact, elegant cabinet makes this two-way loudspeaker sound far bigger than it is – it’s composed, adaptable and capable of greater bass presence than seems feasible.
Above all, it’s an accurate and informative listen, able to bring the best from its partnering electronics and the music you’re listening to. Small, in this instance, is remarkably beautiful.
All but the largest rooms will benefit from Gold 200’s remarkably tight and textured bass response, deftly informative mid-range and smooth high-frequency attack. Regardless of volume or your listening position, Gold 200’s powers of communication will move you.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:
- – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns
Frequency Response (-6 dB)
- 40 Hz – 50 kHz
- 86 dB
- 4 Ohms
- 2.8 Ohms @ 3.4 kHz
- 110 dBA (Pair)
Power Handling (RMS)
- 120 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
- 60 – 120 W
- Bass Reflex
- HiVe II port system
- 2.5 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
- 1 x 61/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver
- 1 xMPD high-frequency transducer
External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))
- 360 x 195 x 330.6 mm (143/16 x 711/16x 13")
- 9.12 kg (20 lb 2 oz)