Precision MDSD Digital Processor
Accuphase make some of the finest audio equipment in the world and we can't recommend them highly enough. All of their components will deliver a marked improvement to any system and are a fantastic base to a new build or an unparalleled upgrade to an existing one.
The Accuphase DC-1000 Digital to Analogue converter breaths life into the CD and SA-CD format. Paired with the DP-1000 SACD transport the performance rivals that of high end turntables.
Digital signal processing is implemented through an ultra high speed FPGA in conjunction with innovative MDSD reproduction technology, forming a double-speed high-precision moving-average filter circuit for straight D/A conversion of the DSD signal. Eight digital inputs including USB with support for 11.2896 Mhz (1 bit 2-channel DSD) and 384 kHz (32 Bit 2 Channel PCM), as well as an HS-Link Connector (Ver. 1 and 2) provide enhanced versatility for the ultimate in performance and sonic purity.
The DC-1000 brings an 11% improvement in noise levels over the DP-950 at just 123dB.
- MDS++ type D/A Converter with 8 Parallel circuits and support for 384 kHz (32 bit 2 Channel PCM) The Parallel implementation which is incredibly difficult to achieve compared to a single converter circuit improves overall performance by a factor of three.
- High-performance ES9038PRO DAC Chip
- “Direct Balanced Filter” performs totally separate analog low-pass filtering for line and balanced signal paths.
- D/A converter printed circuit boards made from glass fluorocarbon resin with low dielectric constant and low loss.
- Eight digital inputs: HS-LINK Ver. 1 and 2, balanced, coaxial (3), optical (2), USB.
- Coaxial and optical digital outputs.
- Line and balanced analog outputs. Phase selector switch for balanced output.
- Completely separate construction of digital and analog sections, each powered by a dedicated high-efficiency toroidal transformer.
- Massive wood cabinet with natural grain, individiually finished by master craftpersons
Supported sampling frequencies
- HS-LINK Ver. 2 32 kHz to 384 kHz (16 to 32 bit 2-channel PCM). 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz 1bit 2 channel DSD)
- USB, 44.1 kHz to 384 kHz (16 to 32 bit 2 channel, 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz, 11.2896 MHz (1 bit 2 channel DSD) (11.2896 MHz ASIO only)
- COAXIAL, BALANCED: 32 kHz to 192 kHz / 16-24 bit (2-channel PCM)
- OPTICAL: 32 kHz to 96 kHz / 16-32 bit (2-channel PCM)
- COAXIAL: Format: IEC 60958 compliant
- OPTICAL: Format: JEITA CP-1212 compliant
- 8 MDSD principle (DSD signal)
- 8 MDS++ principle (PCM signal)
- 0.5 to 50,000 Hz +0, −3 dB
Total harmonic distortion
- 0.0004% (20 to 20,000 Hz)
Output voltage and impedance
- BALANCED: 2.5 V 50 ohms, balanced XLR type
- LINE: 2.5 V 50 ohms, RCA phono jack
Output level control
- 230 V AC (voltage as indicated on rear panel) 50 Hz
- 477 mm (W) × 156 mm (H) × 394 mm (D)
- 24.4 kg net, 32.0 kg in shipping carton