Real high-end features – True audiophile sound
The X1 is based on the same concept as the P1, but improved in every aspect thanks to modern materials and new production methods. Inside it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system. In the X1, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation.
The X1 is also better than its predecessors, thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge-tonearm resonances.
Supplied either with or without a brand new Pro-Ject Pick it S2 MM cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon but voiced by the design team at Pro-Ject, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimised for turntable use. Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/ TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level up the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on. The X1‘s 8 layers of painting and the hand-polished finish guarantee its luxury appearance.
• Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
• Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
• Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
• Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
• Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acrylic platter
• 8,6” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
• Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
• Ortofon 2M Blue MM cartridge Optionally Included
• Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
• Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
• Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables
• Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
• Handmade in Europe
We carefully set up every turntable and cartridge we sell. So if you're new to turntables or have decades of experience, you know you'll be getting the most enjoyment from your system. You can be safe in the knowledge that you can take your turntable home, plug it straight in and start enjoying good music without any worry of something being setup incorrectly.
• Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
• Principle: belt drive
• Speed Variance: 33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%
• Wow & Flutter: 33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%
• Platter: 20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl
• Main Bearing: stainless steel/brass
• Tonearm: 8.6” carbon/aluminium sandwich
• Effective Tonearm Length: 218.5 mm
• Effective Tonearm Mass: 10g
• Overhang: 18 mm
• Tracking Force Range: 0 - 30mN
• Included Accessories: 15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, felt mat
• Power Consumption: 5 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby
• Dimensions: 415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)
• Weight: 7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight