Low Output Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
For more than 35 years Dynavector have established an enviable reputation for producing affordable high quality moving coil cartridges. Notably high output models that are designed to work with MM inputs negating the necessity for equipment change or the use of setup devices required for low output cartridges. The outstanding performance of the Dynavector high output moving coil cartridges can be attributed to the exclusively Dynavector designed coil winding machine capable of utilizing extremely fine coil wire providing a high output to mass ratio.
DV-20X2 has a solid aluminium-alloy body similar to the XX-2. This makes a rigid platform for the cartridge motor and aids secure fitting to the arm. The cantilever is a 6mm length hard aluminium pipe cantilever with a Micro-Ridge diamond stylus.
The magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism along with powerful Neodymium magnet gives out the 20X2H a healthy 2.8 mV output at a suitable impedance for most MM inputs. The 20X2L has an output of 0.3 mV ideal for most MC phono stage.
Both versions have been made available to help users get the best result for their own circumstances. The high output model suits valve pre-amps, basic amplifiers that only offer MM or amplifiers with less accomplished MC sections. Using a high output can also be of benefit if you live in an area with high radio frequency interference. The low output version scores where a system is set up with a good quality MC amp input.
- Type: Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism
- Output Voltage: 0.3mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation: 25 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz (± 2dB)
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyn
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2grams
- DC resistance: 150 ohms / 5 ohms
- Recommended load: resistance > 1,000 ohms / > 30 ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length, hard aluminium pipe
- Stylus: Micro Ridge Nude diamond
- Weight: 9.2 grams