Product DescriptionThe Grand Prix Audio Apex isolation feet combine a hardened steel (or silicon-nitride ceramic) ball interface with a dual-purpose isolation/dissipation support. The external, structural elements are pressure formed from carbon composites, the void within the cone filled with a specially developed, proprietary polymer that decouples the upper element from the base. Originally developed for aerospace applications, this polymer exhibits extraordinary energy dissipation properties. The precision molded cup offers a perfect contact surface for the ball, ensuring optimum energy transfer into the carbon cone and then, via the cone’s large internal surface area, into the polymer. The end result is remarkable management of spurious energy, whether that energy originates within the supported component, or is transmitted by the structure that supports it.
The feet are available in three sizes, each with different applications.
- The Apex -The original Isolation footer - Ideal for use with racks, Grand Prix or other brands. The Apex can also be used underneath components also - Amplifiers, CD players etc. Apex standard comes with chrome balls as standard.
- The Apex XL - Double the size of the Apex, containing double the polymer material for increased isolation and energy dissipation. The Apex XL can also be used underneath components also - Amplifiers, CD players etc. The Apex XL comes with Silicon Nitride balls as standard.
- The Apex Mini - Sometimes you just don’t have the height in your rack to fit Apex supports under a unit – but you still want Apex performance. Only 1.175”/30mm tall, it uses a smaller diameter ball than the standard and XL versions, so it’s not compatible with the Apex Levelers. Ideal underneath components such as amplifiers and CD players. Apex Mini comes with chrome balls as standard.
- sizes - Standard, XL, Mini
- sets of 3 or 4
- Optional extras - Levelers for GPA rack systems, Interfaces for use with other brands