For a limited time including a free Meridian MC200 Streaming Music Server
From the gently tapered column to its spherical base, the M6 offers a stunning contemporary design to complement your home. The slim, compact enclosure looks beautiful from 360 degrees, while providing an open sound that can be enjoyed anywhere in the room. The M6 is the perfect loudspeaker for people whose love of music is an integral part of their lifestyle.
SUPERBLY NATURAL SOUND
A work of art in its own right, the beauty of the M6 is the fact that it is capable of delivering high-end audio performance. Leveraging decades of Meridian loudspeaker innovation, the M6 delivers sound equal to a passive loudspeaker of four times its size! The tapered column helps fill the room with superbly imaged, natural sound. A discreet light ‘halo’ – found nestling underneath the M6’s aluminium top-cap – subtly indicates whether the speaker is operating (white) or in standby (blue). The M6 is both a pleasure to look at and listen to.Click here for PDF brochure.
M6 was developed through Meridian's inspired approach to contemporary design, with all the features that make Meridian DSP Loudspeakers unique - combining superb sound with elegant design that's at home in any room.
With its compact, slimline appearance, M6 remains true to Meridian's founders' original design ethos: to create the best-sounding loudspeakers in a form that blends seamlessly into your home.
A sculpture in its own right, M6 can be admired from any angle. A discreet light 'halo' under the aluminium top-cap indicates whether the loudspeaker is operating (white) or in standby (blue).
M6 is an ideal complement to the Audio Core 200, which provides complete control and access to all your music sources.
Distinctive appearance designed to sit comfortably in any home and be appreciated from all angles, including from behind.
Cylindrical acoustic radiation pattern means that the apparent sound level does not significantly vary with distance from the loudspeaker, for extremely even distribution of sound throughout the room.
- Digital Signal Processing and active electronic technologies combine to form a space-saving audio system with all the electronics hidden away in the base of each loudspeaker.
- On-board DSP provides thermal and dynamic bass protection with very accurate transients, ensuring pure natural sound at all times, even with extended use at high levels.
- Bass and wide-range drivers are driven by their own amplifiers for pure, uncoloured sound and puts the power exactly where it’s needed.
- Dual-ported bass enclosure with downward-facing driver delivers excellent floor loading for enhanced bass.
- Unique, heavy and rigid, M6 features advanced materials specially-developed by Allen Boothroyd to provide maximum acoustic performance so you hear the loudspeaker, not the cabinet.
- Meridian SpeakerLink for simple and convenient installation.
- M6 employs Meridian DSP technology, for a level of performance equivalent to a conventional loudspeaker eight times the physical volume. All the electronics are neatly hidden in its circular base.
- The gently-tapered column is created from a unique resin, developed specifically for its inert acoustic qualities. The enclosure provides separate, isolated housings for the wide-range and low-frequency drivers. A tuned porting system and downwards-facing bass driver further extends the loudspeaker's low-frequency performance and helps M6 blend effortlessly into the listening environment. The slim enclosure also provides a wide dispersion, filling the room with superbly-imaged, natural sound.
The traditional setup – amplifiers driving passive loudspeakers – is inefficient, limiting sound quality. Meridian loudspeakers contain a complete, matched audio system with efficient DSP crossovers, multiple DACs and driver-specific amplifiers, giving higher overall quality, less power use, and the performance of a traditional loudspeaker eight times the physical volume.
Traditional audio systems often require large, expensive cables to maintain their performance. Meridian's SpeakerLink uses an “Ethernet style” cable that delivers pristine digital sound and control down a single cable between Meridian components. The result is simple, unobtrusive, and cost-effective cables that are easy to install.
TRIPLE FIFO BUFFERING
Each sample of a digital recording must remain evenly spaced in time. Unfortunately, timing can vary, especially when reading discs. This is “jitter”, degrading music's sense of space and diminishing realism. Meridian's multiple “First In, First Out” buffering system minimises jitter, ensuring perfect timing and improved clarity. You enjoy a clearer feeling of the instruments and their interrelationship.
MERIDIAN HIGH RESOLUTION (MHR)
MHR was the first approved encryption method for transferring high definition digital audio between components. Previously, it had to be in the analogue domain, reducing quality. MHR allows secure movement of high resolution digital audio within a Meridian system, without compromise, improving quality by reducing cyclic repetition.
MERIDIAN APODISING FILTER
Filters are critical in digital audio. Commonly they introduce distortion and harshness because of "pre-ringing". Early digital recordings suffer from harshness too, due to primitive filters. After painstaking research, Meridian developed a special filter that avoids pre-ringing, so it can be steeper, cleaning up the effects of early filters. The result: a better, cleaner sound from recordings old and new.
WIDE RANGE DRIVER
Loudspeakers use crossovers to “divide” music into bands their drivers can reproduce. This introduces distortion, reducing sound quality – particularly on human voice recordings. Designing a single driver for both mid and high frequencies made a crossover within the vocal range unnecessary, avoiding distortion and reproducing more lifelike vocals at all volume levels.
- Frequency response in-room within 3dB from 38Hz to over 20kHz.
- Output 106dB spl @ 1m on music material.
- Noise less than 15dB spl.
- Meridian SpeakerLink in and out (RJ45)
- 2-way bass reflex system
- Bass: 1x 140mm aluminium cone
- Wide-range: 1x 85mm aluminium cone
- Bass: 150W Class D with feedback, bridge-tied load
- Wide-range: 100W super-linear low-feedback
- Overall distortion typically <0.02% at any frequency or level.
- 110 - 120 Volt 50/60Hz
- 220 - 240 Volt 50/60Hz
MAX POWER CONSUMPTION
- 350 Watts
- Height: 921mm on rubber Bumpons
- Diameter: 300mm at base, 66mm (2.60in) at top