Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
The Monitor Audio PL100 is a truly compact, wideband speaker capable of expressing the entire micro-dynamic texture of every performance. A rigid cabinet construction, proprietary bracing techniques and advanced damping technologies combine to provide the optimum environment for its wonderfully accurate and detailed C-CAM ribbon tweeter and its lightning-fast, precision-engineered RDT bass driver. The PL100 will draw a rich, natural radiance from the most demanding of music and film scores and reproduce the power and scale of dramatic passages with a breathtaking fidelity.
David Price of Hi-Fi World magazine auditions Monitor Audio's PL100's...
"...whereas the company in recent years has done very well built-to-a-price products, the PL100 (and its PL300 bigger brother) offer just plain beautiful construction (think Volkswagen, then Bentley) ...the sense of space that those tweeters confer is enrapturing, and a joy to behold...vocals were smooth, delicately etched and superbly projected into the room - the MAs imaging with joyful abandon, sounding unfettered and out of the box..." - Read full review here.
Stand sold separately
- 1 x 6.5" RDT® Bass/mid-range driver
- 1 x C-CAM® high frequency ribbon transducer
- Ported. HiVe® II technology
- All cabinet finishes have hand-upholstered front baffles in Ingleston Black premium grade leather.
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood veneer with clear gloss piano lacquer, Ebony veneer with clear gloss piano lacquer, Piano black gloss
- Optional dedicated PL100 Floor Stands are available
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz - 100 KHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 88 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Maximum S.P.L (Per pair in room): 112.6 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS): 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 50 - 120 W
- Bass Alignment: Ported HiVe II Technology
- Mid / H.F Crossover Frequency: 2800 Hz
- Bass Low Pass Crossover Frequency: N/A
- Drive Unit Compliment: 1 x 6.5" RDT Bass/mid-range driver
- 1 x C-CAM high frequency ribbon transducer
- External Dimensions - Excluding Stand (H x W x D): 370 x 225 x 285 mm
- Stand External Dimensions - (H x W x D): 615 x 340 x 365 mm
- Weight (each) Excluding stands: 13 Kg