Moving Magnet Cartridge
The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus – the same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
The 2M Black is the ultimate in Moving Magnet cartridges and a worthy upgrade for an entry to mid-level turntable setup.
- Shibata Diamond stylus
- Constructed from Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
- High compliance means it is a good match for most tonearms
- Available in a Verso variation, for bottom mount headshells
"One of the Black’s bona fide strengths was its way with tone and timbre..which led to a full, rich re-creation of three-dimensional instruments." - Soundstage review, read the rest here.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
- Cartridge weight - 7,2 g
- Replacement stylus unit - 2M Black (interchangeable with 2M Bronze)